DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Zone Class D

Mikewilltakeyouto

Reactions
I've been flying in No fly Zones according to DJI MAPS, as well as other maps. I get notifications saying extra caution flying in zone class D. When I try turn on sports mode it comes up with unavailable, change in controller settings.

2 questions are:

1. What are the different Zones/Classes
2. I am not restricted on height but Sport mode will not enable...

Thanks in advanced!

1) Probably best to google airspace and check out one of the videos.
2) Enable "Multiple Flight Modes" in the app.

Get familiar with you air spaces. It's always an upside down cake.
First piece of info we learn when in flight school. Critical info.
See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: ToddR and woodsglen
GOOd morning! I'm pietro and I live in Florence, Italy. I'm in formentera for holidays, I was flying whit my mavic and I get notifications saying extra caution flying in zone class D. I started to take a few videos with active track mode and after few seconds camera stopped to work. It depends from fling zone D? Thank you very much!

GOOd morning! I'm pietro and I live in Florence, Italy. I'm in formentera for holidays, I was flying whit my mavic and I get notifications saying extra caution flying in zone class D. I started to take a few videos with active track mode and after few seconds camera stopped to work. It depends from fling zone D? Thank you very much!

I dont think that it is due to the airspace class. I was flying in the same airspace class without any issue.

So, Delta airspace is not blocked in the firmware? I always wondered about that, but realistically you'd have to be on top of or right next to a small regional airport to even come close to any vfr or ifr traffic aircraft patterns, other than that, no pilots just "fly around airports" for the heck of it, You're either in the pattern or you're gone. Only an idiot would take a drone anywhere near an airport pattern. ( and, yes there are idiots out there!)

When I read the "rules" my first reaction was 5 miles is serious over kill for the typical small airport, unless its a big airport with a control tower, radar and FAA controllers. I get the typical notices about grass strips - fly with caution.

I'm just outside of the huge swath of "restricted" airspace around KDMW - a small county airport. 5 miles is a heck of a distance, like the next town!... I'm thinking , they can't be serious! They (aircraft) can't fly below 500 feet, and I don't know too may pilots that would even begin to fly that low unless they're practicing skill sets. I'm just amazed at the "excessive overkill when establishing regulations by federal agencies", that's all.

hey Kids, i was flying in a class D airspace the other day, there was a warning that blocked most of the screen, i agreed and agreed with it and it wouldn't go away, had a successful flight and got some video and pics despite the warning, any clues of how to make message go away?

hey Kids, i was flying in a class D airspace the other day, there was a warning that blocked most of the screen, i agreed and agreed with it and it wouldn't go away, had a successful flight and got some video and pics despite the warning, any clues of how to make message go away?
There’s a little circle you click on then click agree. It’s tough to see. But have to check that little circle then hit agree

Reactions: frank candor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54