DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water Crash - all is working except GPS

Astra

Reactions
Hello everyone

10 days ago, my Mavic Pro fell into a river. Found it 20 minutes later, thanks to the battery lights still blinking. Immediately put the drone in a bag of rice then silica gel until today. No apparent damage outside.

Took it out of the bag earlier today to give it a try and everything seems to be working except the GPS. It’s still showing the crash site as GPS location on the DJI GO app and the device is altering between GPS and ATTI mode every few seconds, nothing too stable.

Any ideas on what the cause of the problem could be? And recommendations? Is there something I can upload to help?

Thanks!

first thing i would do bud is open the little guy up and see if any of the LCIs are red pink or white. they are little stickers on the electrical boards. they say DJI on them. Red is bad white is good. I am willing to bet if you landing in water that some if not all are red. water damage can take time to show itself, sometimes they will work a few times before completely shorting out. You dont want to fly a water damaged drone and have it come crashing out of the air one day. I had some water damage to my Pro this spring. I tried replacing the parts myself with parts i got on amizon but the core board i got was junk. i sent it to cloud city drones in RI. I havent had any issues since and they where pretty quick. i think i got it back in like a week.

Reactions: tony56shooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine