DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water damaged Mavic air - Can it be sold for parts if exterior is undamaged?

WinterAir

Reactions
Hi all,

My Mavic Air crashed into water (salt) and after drying it out and testing it with a fresh battery, it powers on and the props do their little dance but it does not beep or connect to the wifi or controller. Physically, there is no damage to the drone. It was only flown twice and I made a foolish and fatal mistake. Unfortunately I didn't activate Refresh on time either. I'm less than optimistic about the ability to get the AC repaired and I have spoken to a few people who think it's probably best to purchase an entirely new drone.

My question is, would it be worth selling the AC alone for parts or would it not sell due to the damage being done by water?

Any advice would be excellent. I feel incredibly foolish right now and will take more precautions next time and not fly over water again until I'm more confident.

I would have soaked it well in fresh water a few times before drying it out - but hindsight is 20/20.

The plastic shell parts would still be good as well as the arms.

Everything is worth something to someone.
You would be surprised at the broken things that sell for decent money on the likes of eBay, as long as the fault is clearly described I am sure it would sell.
On the other hand if you buy another you have spare parts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest