DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wath's the matter with the Mavic Focus

phantomi

Reactions
Hi! Have the Mavic for about two weeks and have what appear to be a common problem, out of focus pics and vids. I was the owner of a Phantom Vision and an Advanced 3, and never had issues with the focus. I only take off and my vids and pics came well focused every time. But with the Mavic I take off and start recording and immediately had to tap to focus only to be out of focus seconds later. Had to be focusing all the time and when see my takes the most are out of focus. Any advice? I'm on time for a return to Amazon but want to be if this can be addressed. I am in FW 700 and plan to finally update to 900 with the hope that this solve the problem. Thanks.

The Phantom 3 Advanced has a fixed focus lens as far as I'm aware so there wouldn't be focus issues, with the Mavic I disabled continuous AF and left it on AF - I set the focus to infinity on take off then leave it at that.

John

Reactions: phantomi
Thanks! Yes John, today I disable AFC and it is much better now. Apparently that AFC sucks. But rather than to leave it to infinity I center tap for vids and tap my subject for pics. C1 is configured for infinity focus to have it readily available. And Adam that was the reason I try to addressed this by myself, because don't want to go farther than 700 for now. Thanks for your advises.

Reactions: StevenPSCC
It's hard to focus at infinity anyway, you are probably best selecting a good contrasty line about 50 feet away - then just leave it alone rather than frequently refocusing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925