DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wavy roofs and trees in my first Mavic Air Video. New to drones and filming.

tmalan

Reactions
Hey fellow drone users,

Just got a mavic air for xmas and I love it so far. Hiking the southern coast of Portugal in February and going to Ireland and Iceland next summer. I can't wait to put it to good use.

I just filmed some of my first video on 720 P and I noticed something peculiar. I have wavy roofs and trees in the background. If you turn on HD and look at the house at the end of the street as the drone descends you can see what I'm talking about.

- I have the sandisk extreme 64 gb so I don't think I'm having any write speed problems.
- the original footage also shows this, not just the youtube uploads.

Could it be rising heat from the asphalt or do you think it's drone related?

Also, if you can help me with another problem. I took a 4 minute video on 1280p and then used imovie to stitch it together and add music. The video produced was 1.3 GB. That seems very high to me for a 5 minute 720p video, especially when 720p 2 hour long movies take up around 1 gb. I have a small HD so it's important that I save space with my files as a continue forward.

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
The waviness is a compression artifact. There are fine lines from the roof tiles and the algorithm is having a hard time with it.

Size also has to do more with compression not just image size.

The waviness is a compression artifact. There are fine lines from the roof tiles and the algorithm is having a hard time with it.

Size also has to do more with compression not just image size.

Hi Dave,

When is this compression occurring? Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest