DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wayag, the most stunning place on earth

Vernon

Reactions

Ylva and I sail north, cross the equator into the northern hemisphere and spend an incredible week anchored nearly alone at Wayag Island. Wayag is very remote, almost impossibly beautiful, the water is very clear and the beaches are empty. We get to know the crew aboard Nordkaperen, Denmarks most famous sailing boat. Its currently on its 6th circle of the planet and it was really interesting to hear some of the stories of this incredible ship.

Ylva and I sail north, cross the equator into the northern hemisphere and spend an incredible week anchored nearly alone at Wayag Island. Wayag is very remote, almost impossibly beautiful, the water is very clear and the beaches are empty. We get to know the crew aboard Nordkaperen, Denmarks most famous sailing boat. Its currently on its 6th circle of the planet and it was really interesting to hear some of the stories of this incredible ship.
Just WOW!

Also one of my favorite places. Thanks for the great feature!

Reactions: Vernon
Hi everyone,
One of my dreams is buy a catamaran and circumnavigate Australia with no exact time frame and of course with my MAVIC. But when I see places like this i'm convinced
I'll be challenged to take the adventure further. This place is awesome. I think I'd have try and find some way of collecting all that rubbish. Maybe burn or bury, or take away, not sure. SO SAD! I think it would also be great to take a few like minded people, as my wife is a little land bound and not so keen on the sea. Maybe with some short trips first I could convince her.;):cool:

Reactions: TheRock
All that rubbish collects on the side of the island where people hike up to the overlook due to natural currents. If you go across the bay to the other side, it is clean. For Indonesia, the whole area is pretty nice. There are rangers there and it is a marine protected area. The ranger station is farther in from where the boat was parked in the video. Good luck. Boat living is a lifestyle, not a few trips. Getting up to Wayag and missing all the rocks and reefs along the way takes some skill and nice navigation equipment. But can be rewarding for those who find they like it.

All that rubbish collects on the side of the island where people hike up to the overlook due to natural currents. If you go across the bay to the other side, it is clean. For Indonesia, the whole area is pretty nice. There are rangers there and it is a marine protected area. The ranger station is farther in from where the boat was parked in the video. Good luck. Boat living is a lifestyle, not a few trips. Getting up to Wayag and missing all the rocks and reefs along the way takes some skill and nice navigation equipment. But can be rewarding for those who find they like it.

Hi, yeah its a great place indeed. There is that much rubbish on all the north pointing beaches there, I went around the whole place in my dingy. Pretty sad to see but its reality.

Hi everyone,
One of my dreams is buy a catamaran and circumnavigate Australia with no exact time frame and of course with my MAVIC. But when I see places like this i'm convinced
I'll be challenged to take the adventure further. This place is awesome. I think I'd have try and find some way of collecting all that rubbish. Maybe burn or bury, or take away, not sure. SO SAD! I think it would also be great to take a few like minded people, as my wife is a little land bound and not so keen on the sea. Maybe with some short trips first I could convince her.;):cool:

Thats a great dream to chase down for sure. Its for sure not easy to find a lady partner thats happy spending that much time at sea, thats why I sail solo mostly.

Reactions: TheRock
You broke the English language with this video. I cannot find the superlatives to describe how exotic and beautiful that scenery is. For most videos on this site, I can reasonably say that its possible for me to go there and see the sights myself. Not true with this video. Thanks for sharing this. My mind is blown.

Reactions: Vernon and TheRock
You broke the English language with this video. I cannot find the superlatives to describe how exotic and beautiful that scenery is. For most videos on this site, I can reasonably say that its possible for me to go there and see the sights myself. Not true with this video. Thanks for sharing this. My mind is blown.
Thanks mate, thats some pretty high praise there. Glad you enjoyed it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom