DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Firmware Update?

Nothing a the mo Bobby, we’ve just got to sit back and wait. Someone else might have some news but I doubt it:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Must admit I’m champing at the bit for waypoints with CS as well.

I hope we get it soon, does seem strange to me that the whole world and his dog get the updates and those of us who buy the dedicated monitor are always last in line. Great incentive! In the meantime I’ll keep my ears open for the popping of champagne corks when it does finally arrive.

Take care and catch you later. Peter

I hope we get it soon, does seem strange to me that the whole world and his dog get the updates and those of us who buy the dedicated monitor are always last in line.

I certainly agree with this sentiment, but having flown several Waypoint 2.0 missions on my iPad Pro, I can honestly say that it's no great shakes -- especially in comparison to Litchi and the now-defunct Autopilot. Its biggest drawback, the need to be connected in order to plan your mission, will be doubly annoying with CS. Let's face it, the touchscreen on the CS is gosh-awful compared to an iPad, and planning a Waypoints 2.0 mission requires lots of screen interaction. If DJI had something similar to Litchi, where you can plan your missions disconnected either on the device or in a web browser, it would be infinitely better.

Currently I am using the DJI Go 4 app to fly my mavic. Any chance I could create a mission on Ground station and upload it to the drone to be run as a Dj4 Go mission? It kind of looks like a no at my current geek level.

A better question would be about the setting home point and Rth features. I would really like to make sure I get my bird back on the ground.

I have my iPad with cell service rigged for a baby mission.

Last edited:
Currently I am using the DJI Go 4 app to fly my mavic. Any chance I could create a mission on Ground station and upload it to the drone to be run as a Dj4 Go mission?

It would be really cool if you could, but no, they are 2 completely separate, incompatible applications. Anything you create in GSP has to be run within the app. It cannot be exported.

I survived the 1st attempt. Juggling glasses and sunglasses on a new app....it was not pretty.

The Rth button is still alive and well in Ground Station.

Waypoints are at 17:30 or so

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54