DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint flights and obstacle avoidance

riterb97

Reactions
This is related to the DJI Air 3 and RC2 controller during WAYPOINT flights. I need to be able to complete a waypoint mission, irrespective of the obstacle e.g. seagull

First Issue: DJI mentions that in Sport mode, there is no obstacle avoidance. However, I have experienced the following during waypoint flights in Sport mode: It seems as if the "Obstacle Avoidance Action" setting under the RC2 Safety tab has a higher priority than the "S" mode setting on the RC2 mode switch

When I initiate a waypoint flight and switch the mode to "S," the Air 3 still stops and aborts the waypoint mission when it encounters an obstacle. I tested this both before and during the flight.

However, when I set the "Obstacle Avoidance Action" in the Safety tab on the RC2 to "OFF," the Air 3 ignores all obstacles (This is what I need) during the waypoint flight, regardless of whether the mode switch is set to "C," "N," or "S."

This doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone assist, please?

Second Issue: When I am in the WAYPOINT menu with all my waypoints configured (prior to starting the flight), pressing the C2 custom button deletes the last waypoint, regardless of the function assigned to C2. This is problematic for me because I tend to press that button very easily by accident

Any experience on this?

Correct, WP missions are always flown in N mode, regardless of the flight mode switch. 'C' makes no difference either. I have some vague memory of seeing this stated in the manual, but am not going to track it down.

As such, as you have discovered, the OA setting is active.

C1/C2 buttons: The custom function only applies in-flight. These buttons can have different functions when sitting on the ground with the motors off.

Reactions: tribar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2