DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Hyperlapse ruined in new update

Bufface

Reactions
Some people seem to be happy with the latest update (with the zoom and saved waypoint system)

However this update completely ruined this drone for me for what I have been doing.

I used to like to take long hyplerlapses where the drone only moves a small distance between 3-4 waypoints.

Typically the drone does not fly far away, and I take 25 second hyperlapses that leave about 20% of the battery left which allows me to safely land.

Now with the Update, if I only select 3-4 waypoints, its only allowing me to take a 4 second hyperlapse which is both completly insufficient for my shooting needs and yet it still leaves about 80+ percent battery left when its done........why is there such a ridiculously low limit to the length of the hyperlapse???

If I select more waypoints, the maximum length of the allowed hyperlapse increases but I hate having to do this because:

1. I don't need that many waypoints and adding more creates choppier and unwanted movements

2. The maximum length of the hyperlapse does not increase in a predictable way. I was experimenting today. I created a flight plan with 10 waypoints and got an 18 second max hyperlapse. I then created a 30 waypoint flight plan and was only allowed a 11 second max hyperlapse even if I saved the plan and swapped out batteries. Yet when this hyperlapse was finished, I still had almost 50% of the battery left.....again why the limit???

This update has upset me greatly, now I have to either fiddle around with free hyperlapse mode, which is still allowing very long hyperlapses, but will end up with choppier video, or I now have to look into attempting to downgrade my software. I don't know if that is possible.

Downgrading using DJI Assistant 2 has always been an option to my knowledge. I had to do that to my Mini a few months ago (several times before finally settling on the latest firmware, but had no problems when I downgraded). Try it and let us know how it went for you.

Some people seem to be happy with the latest update (with the zoom and saved waypoint system)

However this update completely ruined this drone for me for what I have been doing.

I used to like to take long hyplerlapses where the drone only moves a small distance between 3-4 waypoints.

Typically the drone does not fly far away, and I take 25 second hyperlapses that leave about 20% of the battery left which allows me to safely land.

Now with the Update, if I only select 3-4 waypoints, its only allowing me to take a 4 second hyperlapse which is both completly insufficient for my shooting needs and yet it still leaves about 80+ percent battery left when its done........why is there such a ridiculously low limit to the length of the hyperlapse???

If I select more waypoints, the maximum length of the allowed hyperlapse increases but I hate having to do this because:

1. I don't need that many waypoints and adding more creates choppier and unwanted movements

2. The maximum length of the hyperlapse does not increase in a predictable way. I was experimenting today. I created a flight plan with 10 waypoints and got an 18 second max hyperlapse. I then created a 30 waypoint flight plan and was only allowed a 11 second max hyperlapse even if I saved the plan and swapped out batteries. Yet when this hyperlapse was finished, I still had almost 50% of the battery left.....again why the limit???

This update has upset me greatly, now I have to either fiddle around with free hyperlapse mode, which is still allowing very long hyperlapses, but will end up with choppier video, or I now have to look into attempting to downgrade my software. I don't know if that is possible.
Sorry to hear about your challenge. **Have you sent your problem to DJI?**

I had sent this message to DJI, but all I have received so far was an automated email acknowledging communication.

It seems more like a very unfortunate bug probably in the app. I am using IOS, probably take months for them to correct this if they ever do.

I had sent this message to DJI, but all I have received so far was an automated email acknowledging communication.

It seems more like a very unfortunate bug probably in the app. I am using IOS, probably take months for them to correct this if they ever do.
Regardless of what they can or intend to do, DJI has generally replied to me, when I sent an inqury, within a few days.

Big problems, big remedies.
You can always roll back to a previous update and stay the way you were and like it.

I think it’s the IOS app that is the problem.

How do I get previous versions of DJI fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying