DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Hyperlapse still avoid obstacles?

wco81

Reactions
If you use the Waypoint Hyperlapse mode, will the M2P move around obstacles between the waypoints?

Or are you suppose to make sure there are no obstacles between the waypoints?

Will it ascend to get around the obstacles if it uses obstacle avoidance? Or fly around it?

I crashed going sideways in to light branches. I think it is "supposed" to work but obstacle avoidance works better in front of or behind the aircraft

Found a Youtube video about it, showing the different modes.

He doesn't mention if it does obstacle avoidance.

But it's different than I thought. I guess you select waypoints but you don't select a target subject like you do in the Circle and Course Lock modes.

No you fly to all your waypoints, set the camera angles, then hit go.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think obstacle avoidance from the side only works in Tripod Mode.

Reactions: zeusfl
Had to break out the manual

View attachment 69713

This is from the manual as well. Apparently the lateral vision system only works in Active Track 2.0 and Tripod Mode.
008c80bfd3851d1e48f4a2b218d60dde.jpg

This is from the manual as well. Apparently the lateral vision system only works in Active Track 2.0 and Tripod Mode.

Depends what part of the manual you read I guess ;) it clearly states it works in Hyperlapse mode if you firmware is above 1.00.03.00 I suppose I could test it but I have had one bad experience already with waypoints.

What about in other Intelligent Modes?

I think I'd try to use them to take videos rather than trying to fly manually and control the camera at the same time.

Does collision avoidance work in manual flying but not in the Intelligent flying modes?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus