DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint mission problem

I just uploaded the latest firmware for the RC Pro (03.02.0400) and it still uses DJI Fly 1.10.0. Continue is still an option for Signal Loss. I note on DJI's website that there are two releases of DJI Fly since 1.10.0, including the latest you reference, which is 1.10.6. The version of DJI Fly on the RC Pro is controlled by the RC firmware and there's no independent update mechanism for the DJI Fly that I've found in the interface or the beloved manual. So for now, on the RC Pro at least, Continue remains an option. When DJI decides that DJI Fly must be updated as part of the RC Pro controller update, I'll know better. It's not like there's a choice on the RC Pro, if you update the firmware. Anyone else out there with an insight into this?
My RC Pro controller is on the same FW as yours 03.02.0400 but my FlyApp is 1.10.4. Go figure...
How do you like the Enhaced Display Mode? I can hardly see any difference. It might be perhaps a tiny bit brighter when at max. brightness

I just uploaded the latest firmware for the RC Pro (03.02.0400) and it still uses DJI Fly 1.10.0. Continue is still an option for Signal Loss. I note on DJI's website that there are two releases of DJI Fly since 1.10.0, including the latest you reference, which is 1.10.6. The version of DJI Fly on the RC Pro is controlled by the RC firmware and there's no independent update mechanism for the DJI Fly that I've found in the interface or the beloved manual. So for now, on the RC Pro at least, Continue remains an option. When DJI decides that DJI Fly must be updated as part of the RC Pro controller update, I'll know better. It's not like there's a choice on the RC Pro, if you update the firmware. Anyone else out there with an insight into this?
Question for you about the RC Pro V 03.02.0400 of DJI Fly 1.10.0.
Obviously, the Mavic 3 Pro already has mandatory RID from the factory, and the latest RC Pro FW has to mandate that that RID is working properly on the Mavic 3 Pro, or the aircraft can't even take off!

Are you by chance still flying any other drones with that same newest version of the RC Pro, such as the Air 2S without the updated RID FW, Mini 3 Pro without the updated RID FW (RID will never be required for recreational use on it, with the stock battery), or a Mavic 3 still on the .900 FW before the RID imposition (RID not required until Sept 16, 2023)?

So far, I am refraining from using my RC Pro with the Mavic 3 Pro, by not updating the RC Pro FW, in case it also will also impose RID upon my Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, forcing RID broadcasting FW updates upon them, or not being able to be used with my Air 2S.

Currently, the RC Pro is therefore only being used with the Mavic 3.

I would like to be able to use the RC Pro with all 4 aircraft, but not if they must all be updated to FW that broadcasts RID.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: sbunting
I just go an Air2S and linked it to the RC Pro last week. Only two days ago did I update the firmware on the RC Pro. So I'm not sure what that behavior will be, but perhaps later this week I can test and find out. I have a lot of real work coming in this week, which will cut into my play time ;->

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I just go an Air2S and linked it to the RC Pro last week. Only two days ago did I update the firmware on the RC Pro. So I'm not sure what that behavior will be, but perhaps later this week I can test and find out. I have a lot of real work coming in this week, which will cut into my play time ;->
Of particular interest is whether your Air 2S linked to the RC Pro has already been updated to the RID imposing FW for the Air 2S which was released at the same time as the Mini 3 Pro RID FW last fall. The Air 2S, like the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro, was not sold with RID already broadcasting from the factory. None of my aircraft have been yet been updated to the RID broadcasting FW on each of those drones, as there is no current requirement for such yet, and is none at all, ever, for the Mini 3 Pro, when used recreationally with the stock battery.

The real question is whether the RC Pro can still fly them, without updating their FW to RID broadcasting, after the RC Pro has been updated to support RID broadcasting for the Mavic 3 Pro, by supporting the Mavic 3 Pro. Hmmmm….

The Fly app is supposed to generate a red "RID Error" if it doesn't detect expected RID broadcasting, which theoretically should prohibit arming the motors.

Last edited:
So, yes, even before I upgraded, the A2S had Remote ID active

Attachments

• Air2SRemoteIDOn.jpg
    Air2SRemoteIDOn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Thanks for the reply. Bummer! We need a test on an updated RC Pro with an "un-updated for RID" drone, to see if a Mavic 3, Mini 3 Pro, or Air 2S which has not been updated to RID compliance by FW, can be still be flown by the updated RC Pro, without updating the drone FW to RID broadcasting. Those are the only 3 drones that are compatible with the RC Pro that were manufactured before RID had to be broadcasting from the date of manufacture. All 3 of mine are still RID free! I'd hate to lose the ability to fly them with the RC Pro, without broadcasting RID. The Mini 3 Pro absolutely does not require RID ever. It's exempt! So says the FAA!

Just to note, the MA2S was brand new, just out of the box, having been purchased a week prior.

Just to note, the MA2S was brand new, just out of the box, having been purchased a week prior.
Thanks again for clarifying.

Makes sense, as any drone manufactured by DJI after December 2022 must already be RID broadcasting from the factory. However, the Air 2S was released in April of 2021, and its RID broadcasting FW update was not even available for installation by anyone until last fall. So any Air 2S purchased before last fall is still RID free, unless the owner has since voluntarily updated the FW to broadcast RID.

A "presumably" knowledgeable DJI support rep claims that it is the drone FW alone and not the RC Pro FW version that requires the RID being broadcast, which would be great. However, she also claims that no RC Pro FW has ever been downgradable, including the latest version. Yet Assistant 2 offers the option to downgrade the latest RC Pro current version!

So, seeking further escalation of the questions with DJI!

If she's wrong about one, she could be wrong about the other! As long as the most current RC Pro FW can, in fact, be rolled back to the one I currently have installed that doesn't support the Mavic 3 Pro, I can update, check functionality, and roll back, if it forces RID on any drone flown with it after the newest update.

The other issue is a potential Trojan Horse already built into prior FW that may force a FW update on all DJI drones for which RID FW already exists on September 16, 2023! This "virus" could easily be installed into any current RC Pro FW update, and thereafter infect any drone flown with it! Proceeding very cautiously, and distrustfully, after having been screwed over by DJI with GEO, which we were promised would always be optional, until it wasn't!

However, DJI currently seems at odds with our regulators, having killed off Aeroscope, and no longer wanting to be as proactive as previously. They really have nothing to gain by doing a cramdown of internal RID onto unwilling DJI owners, when we can legally comply with an external RID device that is not required to continuously update the location of the pilot after launch, unlike internal RID!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan