DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint on Mavic 2

Airbird

Reactions
Does the Mavic 2 have a waypoints setting? If it does how to do set the points??

We're building a house and I would like to create a film with the progress (overtime) from the same point each time.

Thanks in advance :)

I asked a similar question a few days ago. Some of the answers may be helpful:

Three waypoint questions: Single Waypoint Mission Possible? Improve waypoint repeatability? Re-order waypoints?

What I found is that you cannot get to precisely the same point, up/down orientation, and rotation. The problem is not just the precision of the GPS and sensors, but also the fact that the drone is constantly fighting and responding to wind and, as a result, the gimbal is never going to face exactly the same way each time moment. You'll have to do some alignment with all your pictures if you really want them to look like they were taken with a "tripod in the sky" that never moved from one day to the next.

As for setting the waypoints, it is a feature that's tough to find, but is definitely there. You set a waypoint, while in one of the waypoint modes, by pressing the C1 button. No matter what operation you have assigned to that button, once you are in a waypoint mode, it changes to be the "waypoint record" button.

Reactions: Airbird
Does the Mavic 2 have a waypoints setting? If it does how to do set the points??

We're building a house and I would like to create a film with the progress (overtime) from the same point each time.

Thanks in advance :)
2 YT vids worth looking at ;

Reactions: Airbird

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure