DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints 2 lost signal behaviour!

Micktss

Reactions
Came across this on YouTube with regards to the Behavior of Mavic 2 pro loss of signal whilst flying a waypoints mission

"Ran a waypoint mission around a local soccer field and simulated an out of range RC link loss by turning off the transmitter. As long as you keep the transmitter off and fly completely blind until the aircraft returns home, the mission will continue as planned. If you were to organically lose signal, the drone would continue the mission further out of radio range and the moment RC link was reestablished, the aircraft would exit the waypoint mode and hover in GPS mode. The aircraft would likely be on the edge of radio signal loss and may be impossible to recover. I was surprised by this behavior. So I opened a support ticket with DJI. They analyzed my flight logs and concluded that this is the expected behavior. I think this is wrong, so I submitted a feature request for the mission to continue on RC link reacquire. The current work around testing in this video is to turn the transmitter off while the aircraft is still well within range and leave it off until the aircraft returns to home. This of course leaves the pilot on the edge of their seat until their $1,500+ drone reappears."!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone verify this behaviour what would happen if signal was lost again at this stage?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll