DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints offline creation question

Coskier

Reactions
As I understand it, you can create a Waypoints mission offline, then fly it when you are on site. If this is the case, I have a follow up question. Can I install DJI Fly on my iPad, build the mission, then save it and have it be accessible on the RC Pro when it comes time to fly?

As I understand it, you can create a Waypoints mission offline, then fly it when you are on site. If this is the case, I have a follow up question. Can I install DJI Fly on my iPad, build the mission, then save it and have it be accessible on the RC Pro when it comes time to fly?
The short answer is no.

However, there are some convoluted methods that people are using to create Waypoint Missions on the DJI Mission Hub for the Mavic 3 Enterprise, that are then used to overwrite an existing Waypoint Mission for the Mavic 3 in DJI Fly on a device. Similarly, Litchi missions are being converted into Mavic 3 Waypoint Missions for use.

So, the long answer is you should theoretically be able to copy a Waypoint Mission created on an iPad to overwrite a previously created Waypoint Mission on the RC Pro. However, you are on your own for where to locate the files on each, and how to copy over the correct file from the iPad to the RC Pro. I suspect hooking both up to a desktop simultaneously might be the best way, for full access to the file structure on each.

If you succeed, please share the file names and directory paths used, as the satellite maps on the RC Pro are much lower resolution than those on the iPad, making the iPad the preferred off-line creation device for precision Waypoint Missions.

Reactions: Sir Maxwell Greene
Ugh - why do they have to make this so hard?

Reactions: PAW
Ugh - why do they have to make this so hard?
These are user workarounds. DJI always intended the answer to be "No."
Fly it manually and save it, or create the mission offline on the device with which you intend to fly it.

These are user workarounds. DJI always intended the answer to be "No."
Fly it manually and save it, or create the mission offline on the device with which you intend to fly it.
In other words, DJI is making it hard for... reasons? Offline waypoint planning should be basic functionality. DJI initially had intentions to release SDK support for the Mavic 3 until "priorities shifted" to enterprise drones. And then they released SDK support for the Mini 3 / Mini 3 Pro. Ridiculous.

In other words, DJI is making it hard for... reasons? Offline waypoint planning should be basic functionality. DJI initially had intentions to release SDK support for the Mavic 3 until "priorities shifted" to enterprise drones. And then they released SDK support for the Mini 3 / Mini 3 Pro. Ridiculous.
DJI marches to the tune of their own drummer. They are the Apple of the drone world. It's their way or the highway. Good luck if you choose the highway. It's way worse!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee