DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints vs litchi

Elgreco3

Reactions
Hi guys.
waiting on a zoom 2 with SC combo.
i am researching different stuff until I get my hands on it and I was wondering what the main differences are between the 2.
what makes litchi apparently better than waypoints ?

thanks.

There are a number of things but probably the biggest is the ability to program the mission and test it out without wasting drone battery.

Reactions: JTZ
Once you get Litchi you will never look back. I keep Go4 for some prop tuning, and playing with Follow mode.

As an example, I set up this at home, tested in google earth and then just went and it flew autonimously. Try doing that with Waypoints.
Beautiful.
So litchi allows you to fly regularly also or is it only for setting waypoints ?
Meaning to just take the drone and fly manually, does it allow that too ?

As an example, I set up this at home, tested in google earth and then just went and it flew autonimously. Try doing that with Waypoints.
I can't imagine!

I like to do normal flying in the Go4 app. I like the screen better but you can fly in Litchi FPV mode just as well. Litchi calls it FPV mode but it is just a non autonomous mode giving you full control with the sticks and also the RTH function. You can fly it either VLOS or FPV but in FPV you need an visual observer with you to be legal.
The Mavic Pro's Way Point mode is very cumbersome you have to fly to each way point and set it. when you have set all your way points you can save them as a mission and fly that mission whenever you want. There is no editing if the mission isn't what you want then you have to start all over again. I have heard that way points on the Mavic 2 is a lot better but honestly don't know how it compares with Litchi.

Litchi is an app that you can manually fly your drone with, just like the DJI apps.

It also supports waypoint flights with control of camera angles and actions tied to various waypoints and/or user defined points of interest. You can program it at home without powering the drone up using the Litchi site mission hub, and then download it into the drone to execute your preprogrammed flight.

where do you download litchi from and does it cost ?
Should I just google it ?
Fairly ease to install in the SC ?
Do you just run it as an app once in the SC and it recognizes the drone ?

Sorry for the questions, I have not received the drone yet, just prepping..

I like to do normal flying in the Go4 app. I like the screen better but you can fly in Litchi FPV mode just as well. Litchi calls it FPV mode but it is just a non autonomous mode giving you full control with the sticks and also the RTH function. You can fly it either VLOS or FPV but in FPV you need an visual observer with you to be legal.
The Mavic Pro's Way Point mode is very cumbersome you have to fly to each way point and set it. when you have set all your way points you can save them as a mission and fly that mission whenever you want. There is no editing if the mission isn't what you want then you have to start all over again. I have heard that way points on the Mavic 2 is a lot better but honestly don't know how it compares with Litchi.
you can do this with dji pilot app. plan the mission, save it, once everything is set, then turn on the drone and load the mission.

If you are considering Litchi do yourself a favor and check out Dronelink. It is even more versatile, with plenty of Youtube video to get you up to speed. I have both and use DL more often.

where do you download litchi from and does it cost ?
Should I just google it ?
Fairly ease to install in the SC ?
Do you just run it as an app once in the SC and it recognizes the drone ?

Sorry for the questions, I have not received the drone yet, just prepping..
Pretty much everyone without a vested in Dronelink thinks Litchi is the better choice. It cost about US $20 and you will be happy if you are using Go4.

Pretty much everyone without a vested in Dronelink thinks Litchi is the better choice. It cost about US $20 and you will be happy if you are using Go4.
How much time have you spent learning and using Dronelink? Both have their pros and cons. Those willing to learn DL know it is more versatile. If you haven't then you really don't know what you are talking about.

Reactions: maelstrom
How much time have you spent learning and using Dronelink? Both have their pros and cons. Those willing to learn DL know it is more versatile. If you haven't then you really don't know what you are talking about.
I started with DroneLink, (because it was free). I watched at least 5 hours of it's slick videos and then started creating simple missions. I do not have an internet connection when flying. Every one of the missions failed. I bought Litchi based on other members of this board recommendations. I put in about two hours of reading and videos before creating my first simple mission. It succeeded. I have designed more elaborate missions with multiple waypoints and camera points of interest. I have learned some of the limitations of Litchi, (you cannot program the camera on/off when missions are curved ; because the drone never reaches the execution point if on a curve), but you can either just turn on the camera at the start or you can override with manual camera control. My first and about 90% of Litchi missions succeed first time.

You can virtual fly Litchi Missions by exporting to Google earth. A pretty good value for $20 US.

Reactions: pescobar61
Do you mean they wouldn’t run at all or just that parts of them failed?
I think you are missing both the question and the point - or is that deliberate? Litchi works and its learning curve is not onerous.

Please correct me if I am wrong, dosen't DJI refuse warranty or replacement if a 3rd party app is being used?
I have no idea and it is not important to me with a three year old Mavic Pro. I am not sure how this could be a factor since as long as you are in radio range you can take over control manually at any time.

Please correct me if I am wrong, dosen't DJI refuse warranty or replacement if a 3rd party app is being used?
Not sure about Litchi, but this is the response from Dronelink:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard