DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints

495bigjoe

Reactions
Does DJI 4 Go application have waypoints for the Mavic Air ? Or do I have to download Litchi Application ?

Thanks

There is a free program via Google Play Store called "Red Waypoint" that looks like it works with the Air. Apparently developed for the Spark, I've downloaded it and just started playing with it on my tablet

Reactions: stoutat
There is a free program via Google Play Store called "Red Waypoint" that looks like it works with the Air. Apparently developed for the Spark, I've downloaded it and just started playing with it on my tablet

I have an iPhone :(

DJI GO 4 does NOT have waypoints for the Mavic Air (yet!?!)

Perhaps, the best alternative is LITCHI. The one caveat to that is the opposing app must be force kill prior to flight. This is because LITCHI uses the DJI SDK (software development kit), so it is possible the setting for one may override the other.
Please review the Litchi and the other waypoint apps to choose the best suited for your needs.

I like running Litchi. I can plan missions in the online mission hub. Then run a virtual mission on google earth via Virtual Litchi Mission which can be found in these forums. Litchi Waypoints have proven stable for my MA. Also choriographing my runs sure come out alot better and smoother then adhoc. It takes a fair bit of practice to get it right. But once you get it, its very rewarding. Once i complete my pre planned missions i can grab little bits manually.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I’ve got a MA, use my iPad Pro w/Lifthor Sif and have always used the DJIGO4 app with no problems, and I am ready to pull the trigger on Litchi, but I am just a little hesitant after reading many reviews about flyaways and units falling from the sky... is the Litchi app stable enough on iOS devices? I’ve been flying for many years, but am recently just getting into more cinematic shooting, and also some real estate promotional pieces for some friends. I am most interested in the waypoints feature of Litchi.

I live in New Orleans and frequently travel the gulf coast between here and Clearwater, FL.

I’d appreciate any feedback on Litchi with my setup.

3/2/2019 Update:

I downloaded and have been playing with Litchi. Flew a couple test flights using Litchi today. So far so good!

Last edited:
Now that DJI G4 has waypoints added, have you used it?

Unfortunately Waypoint functionality still isn't enabled for the Mavic Air in DJI Go 4. Also from what I read, their implementation is far worse than Litchi's.

Unfortunately Waypoint functionality still isn't enabled for the Mavic Air in DJI Go 4. Also from what I read, their implementation is far worse than Litchi's.

Of all things this is the thing that p*sses me off most about DJI. Waypoints were an ADVERTISED feature of the Air! For multiple platforms that DJI has they have stated that "the hardware doesn't support <INSERT FEATURE>, therefore it can't be implemented." This is not misleading, but a blatant lie. For both the Air and the OSMO it says that the equipment is not capable of doing features that people want yet somehow 3rd party developers are able to accomplish these same features. For the Air you could at least think that they do it as a way of differentiating their Mavic (non-Air) line from the Air. With the OSMO you have one of the most expensive items in that class of item and they still have crippled functionality.

This is one of the reasons that I also have non-DJI equipment. Anything that could knock them from their comfortable pedestal would be welcome because they might have to step up their game.

Of all things this is the thing that p*sses me off most about DJI. Waypoints were an ADVERTISED feature of the Air! For multiple platforms that DJI has they have stated that "the hardware doesn't support <INSERT FEATURE>, therefore it can't be implemented." This is not misleading, but a blatant lie. For both the Air and the OSMO it says that the equipment is not capable of doing features that people want yet somehow 3rd party developers are able to accomplish these same features. For the Air you could at least think that they do it as a way of differentiating their Mavic (non-Air) line from the Air. With the OSMO you have one of the most expensive items in that class of item and they still have crippled functionality.

This is one of the reasons that I also have non-DJI equipment. Anything that could knock them from their comfortable pedestal would be welcome because they might have to step up their game.

I too was waiting and finally got fed up which was why I actually sought out Litchi in the end. I am guessing even if DJI had included waypoints as originally advertised, it would not be anything like Litchi. You would prob have to fly it first, or it would be like the waypoints 2.0 for the MP2 line. Which did not impress me. Litchi waypoints hub is such a powerfull tool combined with the Virtual Mission and Google earth. A workflow DJI would NEVER allow.

Hey Guys,

For my Mavic Air - I've been using the Go4App but I would like Waypoints so might change to Litchi.

Generic question but how is the transition / learning curve from the Go4App to Litchi ?

Thanks - Ro

Heya,

Did you've any luck with "Red Waypoint" ?

Thanks Ro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick