DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weather Resistance

Stealthbomber

Reactions
Im thinking the Mavic Air is not resistant to any moisture but I’ve watched a few YouTube vids with guys flying in light rain/snow. Is it a little weather friendly? I remember in my Phantom days guys would freak if there was a cloud in the sky :)!!

Considering many have crashed such quads in fresh water and had it no worse for wear, I suspect the boards are coated to reduce moisture damage. The gimbal would probably be the most vulnerable.

I flew my Mavic 2P in a light rain yesterday. Made a quick vid for you. You can see the raindrops falling in front of the camera.

It looks as if water can get down into the motor windings on the props. I doubt any of the ckt boards are in danger, but not sure. The Mavic seems to have airflow through it's body, pulling in the vents in the front. Not sure if there's some risk of water getting pulled in. I wouldn't fly it in anything harder than a light drizzle, and even that is probably asking for trouble.

I flew it around a bit and the navigation and obstacle avoidance did not seem to be affected by the rain, but if it was harder I'm sure you'd have to turn some of the sensors off (i.e., go into "sport" mode).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie