DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wedding photography suggestions

MattW

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for any hints, tips and/or ideas for what works when documenting a wedding by drone?

I’m an usher at a wedding this August and as the groom knows I have a Mavic Air, I’ve been asked to bring it along to get some shots.

The wedding is going to be in.a church in a north Kent (UK) village where I’ll probably be too busy to get anything there but the reception is in a marquee in a field a short distance away. I’ve already checked for any flying restrictions and we’re clear on that one.

I was think about doing aerial group photos and maybe using some of pre programmed videos (little planet, boomerang, etc.) As an experienced group, I’m looking for any other suggestions or ideas that you guys might have?

Many thanks,
Matt

Apologies if this has been asked before but search failed to turn anything up for me. And I have done a bit of internet search but no real details out there, looking for real user experience if possible.

I would ask the bride what she wants and then see if there is a safe way to deliver it.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I would ask the bride what she wants and then see if there is a safe way to deliver it.

Good point, got to keep the Bride happy [emoji1]

To be honest they’re not really sure what’s possible and what they want... I might see if I can get hold of their photographer (who’s also been volunteered [emoji12]) to see if they have any plans...

Definitely coordinate with the photographer. I am guessing they will also be capturing video so you do not want the sound of your Air to be in a recording. In fact, unless things are very well choreographed you don't want the Air close enough to be heard at all due to the risk of interfering with for instance the toast from the brides father.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Great Idea. Going to try that myself next wedding I go To.

How about shooting some B roll footage of the church/grounds day before or after when the light "matches" and you'll have time and privacy.
Maybe in the morning before the event.
Also reach out to the photographer and coordinate some shots with him the day of?

Reactions: NAVMAV
How about shooting some B roll footage of the church/grounds day before or after when the light "matches" and you'll have time and privacy.
Maybe in the morning before the event.
Also reach out to the photographer and coordinate some shots with him the day of?
I'd second this. Maybe even same day if scheduling allows it, but I'd do a ton of b-roll, establishing shots of the church, cars pullin in, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803