DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird auto land

droneguy91

Reactions
DJI Go4 was screwing up with me after the latest firmware update. I kept setting my RTH altitude to 110f but kept climbing to 364ft. I ended up deleting the the app and reinstalling which seemed to fix the issue. Anyways, I had a pretty bizarre 1.5 minute flight today.

I had just got done flying over the new Apple Park campus in Cupertino, CA. I flew for about 4 batteries and since the app was being weird, I reinstalled and did just one follow up flight to ensure that the RTH height issue was fixed and I believe it was. I took off at 16% battery life and flew up to 308 feet and a distance of 325ft. I hit RTH and all of a sudden the bird started landing on its own and I had to cancel the RTH. I believe I entered critical low battery mode at that point but it clearly had enough juice to travel 325 feet back home to me. When an RTH is hit on the controller/app and you are in Critical low battery shouldn't it follow through with my request and attempt to RTH?

I have attached the event logs to this. Hoping to see what might have caused this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-03_[06-58-08].txt
    150.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AirData.pdf
    518.1 KB · Views: 7
I have a similar situation with your low battery RTH situation
Here's mine

Ipad mini 4 with DJIgo4 4.1
Firmware .0700
Was happily honing my MP flying skill on an empty land
My MP was 10m away and 1m from the ground until 18% battery
A notification pop up "battery only enough to fly home", "fly home?"
I decline
It suddenly land eratically
After it hit the ground and some grass around it , I commence emergency stop out of reflex from my controller
Luckily it was only 1m from the ground, so nothing bad happen

I tried to initiate "battery only enough to fly home" scenario the 2nd time
Then "decline", my MP didnt land until battery is critically low

I have a similar situation with your low battery RTH situation
Here's mine

Ipad mini 4 with DJIgo4 4.1
Firmware .0700
Was happily honing my MP flying skill on an empty land
My MP was 10m away and 1m from the ground until 18% battery
A notification pop up "battery only enough to fly home", "fly home?"
I decline
It suddenly land eratically
After it hit the ground and some grass around it , I commence emergency stop out of reflex from my controller
Luckily it was only 1m from the ground, so nothing bad happen

I tried to initiate "battery only enough to fly home" scenario the 2nd time
Then "decline", my MP didnt land until battery is critically low

Wonder if there's an issue with Firmware .0700

So now it will auto land at 16 percent?
Yes ......... this is a major upset to some Mavic owners ..... DJI never tolled anyone ..... You can thank them
This was or still is a Topic over at the DJI Mavic Forum it also reduces the 27min flight time DJI advertises

Reactions: Huddy
Yes ......... this is a major upset to some Mavic owners ..... DJI never tolled anyone ..... You can thank them
This was or still is a Topic over at the DJI Mavic Forum it also reduces the 27min flight time DJI advertises

Thanks for the reply
I do realize that 27min is under "conditioned circumstances" as stated on their web Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads next to it's max flight time
Constant 15.5mph with 0 wind

So what is the new max flight time now?

From what I understand DJI raised the EM landing Threshold from 10% EM to16% This is why your Bird was landing

But that still doesnt explain why my MP had a hard landing
And in the 2nd attempt, my MP was landing smoothly

are these thresholds not configurable? I thought they were in .600?
The op was on FW .700, that's when Owners started posting complaints about it.... it is configurable just not below 16% This is when all the bells and whistles start to go off !!

Last edited:
The op was on FW .700, that's when Owners started posting complaints about it.... it is configurable just not below 16% This is when all the bells and whistles start to go off !!
Thanks for clarifying. I wonder why DJI would do that. It's puzzling.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev