DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

weird camera issue??

genesimmons

Reactions
hi all, 4th flight for this new piolot, i got some stunning images on the first 3 flights, this time all same settings and such and went to a beautiful place, the images were all soft and terrible, not sure what happend, i tried exposure lock during the panos and no exposure lock, they all seem like it didnt get focus, i of course seen the green confirmation box on every pic during the panos and still shots, here is a sample of first few flights and then yesterday, PANO0006.jpg PANO0001-Pano-Edit-2.jpg PANO0001-Pano-Edit.jpg

That bottom image almost appears as if there is something on the lens in the lower right corner. Although it has sharp edges that are associated with the blurring. Its like someone applied a "mask" to the area.

its weird that blur doesnt ppear in the seperate files in the pano, so i think that blur is something do do with the lightroom ghosting but the rest of the images in the stack all look very soft, not like the first few flights everything seemed crisp and sharp, i will check the lens for water marks from flying, i am very good at using the provided cover at all times while stored though.

Have you tried setting the sharpness value on the camera to +1? This often fixes the softness by shutting down DJI's miserable noise reduction algorithm.

ahhh i will check that, is it in the app itself where u find thos settings,

ahhh i followed the setting he said, then took her out for a flight, much better light today but the images seem better, thank u for posting that videoPANO0001-2-Pano-Edit-2.jpg

Reactions: BD0G
Wow! Nice one Gene!

Now do some AEB 3 shot or 5 shot bracketed photos and process them with Phaotmatix to really have HDR photos that pop.

Wow! Nice one Gene!

Now do some AEB 3 shot or 5 shot bracketed photos and process them with Phaotmatix to really have HDR photos that pop.
Here's an AEB-7 I shot on Sunday. I really do like the bracketing feature on cameras... Keeps the sky from getting blown out - among other things.
cfdfd49040d834d1ab80547439d3ffda.jpg

Here's an AEB-7 I shot on Sunday. I really do like the bracketing feature on cameras... Keeps the sky from getting blown out - among other things.
cfdfd49040d834d1ab80547439d3ffda.jpg
wow that looks great, i will try the bracketing for sure, my views here look very simiilar to that wow nice one

Reactions: Qoncussion
Wow! Nice one Gene!

great idea, i never used bracketing yet, i wll take her out and try that, thanx, i have photomatix too and lightroom with hdr stack feature, thanx

Reactions: Qoncussion
great idea, i never used bracketing yet, i wll take her out and try that, thanx, i have photomatix too and lightroom with hdr stack feature, thanx
Here's an example of where AEB might have saved a photo. I shot this on the same flight as the image posted above, only I was using HDR ~which doesn't remove "ghosting". HDR shoots three quick images, 1) underexposed, 2) properly exposed, 3) overexposed - then does the processing (merging) in the camera. If you zoom in on the cars on the bridge, you can see "ghosting" of all three photos. AEB images processed in Photoshop or Lightroom have the option to remove ghosting:
b54ed9d47815e0fd325cc9e5f414f391.jpg

Reactions: genesimmons

The idea is to merge the exposures to capture the highlights and the shadows accurately and still have it look natural and not over enhanced. It can really make ones images pop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rufusbird2