DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird icon

Natehighup

Reactions
I should have screen shot but I have a dedicated galaxy s10plus to fly and don’t know how to, main phone is apple, anyway I had a red crossed out remote icon in the upper right? What in the world is that

It's a warning that DJI Fly can't calculate the relative orientation between the mobile device and the aircraft, usually it has something to do with the device compass or gps not working or having enough signal strength.
You can still fly without the orientation indicator and can use the map screen to see your relative position/ orientation to the homepoint.

I believe that icon your referring to is the crossed out phone looking icon in the bottom middle? I know what that one means, this icon I can’t find anything about online

I believe that icon your referring to is the crossed out phone looking icon in the bottom middle? I know what that one means, this icon I can’t find anything about online

Must be that the remote is not connected to the AC or it could be low RC battery, do you get telemetry from the AC ?

Must be that the remote is not connected to the AC or it could be low RC battery, do you get telemetry from the AC ?

Yes everything working perfect, full battery in phone and remote! Full telemetry

+1 for the icon meaning the app can't calculate your orientation/location relative to the drone. Do you have location services (ie GPS) switched on on your phone? This is usually needed to get the indicator in the bottom middle to work. Also phone compass calibration may be required (wave the phone around in figure-of-eight loops). Best doing this with the phone in the controller as there is a bit of magnetic interference from the controller. Personally I find the indicator quite unreliable on my Galaxy S10 phone so don't use it.

FYI to take a screenshot on a galaxy phone hold down both the power and volume-down physical buttons simultaneously for about 1 second, until the screen "flashes". You should then find the screenshot in your gallery app :)

Reactions: Capt KO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone