DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird "No Image Transmission" Error Fix

Robert Granata

Reactions
Just a heads up if you run into this.

Right after a recent flight, I downloaded the videos off the card, changed the battery, put the card back in and started another flight. After a normal startup routine Go4 had a blank screen and reported "No Image Transmission", "Module Mismatch", and "Gimbal Not Connected". Restart, nothing. Refresh firmware, nothing. I was sure I was going to have to open a ticket and send my bird away. I went to the website to open a ticket and then I did something I have never done before, I called DJI Support... on the phone! After the obligatory 15 minute serenade a support person comes on and I tell her the problem and what I have already done. She starts by checking that I have the latest Assistant for Mavic (check) and that both the aircraft and controller are on the latest firmware (check and check). The next thing she says is "Do you have an sd card inserted?" and I said I did. She said "Turn off the aircraft and remove the sd card" and I thought "Well, that's just crazy. How could an sd card have anything to do with these gimbal and transmission error messages?". But I did as she asked and, lo and behold, everything was fixed. I thanked her profusely, hung up, reformatted the card on the computer, put it back in the bird and all is right with the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvt
That definitely sounds crazy. Was it because the SD card was (temporarily) corrupted?

That definitely sounds crazy. Was it because the SD card was (temporarily) corrupted?
That's the only answer I can come up with. I had just downloaded videos off that same card with no problems. When I reinserted the card, after the call, it was unreadable and windows recommended a reformat. Had a good laugh with Rob over at Thunderdrones about it. He hadn't heard of such a thing either. What I thought was interesting was that, besides checking firmware versions, this was the first troubleshooting step the DJI tech recommended. Can't be the first instance of this problem.

Reactions: Camino Ken
That's the only answer I can come up with. I had just downloaded videos off that same card with no problems. When I reinserted the card, after the call, it was unreadable and windows recommended a reformat. Had a good laugh with Rob over at Thunderdrones about it. He hadn't heard of such a thing either. What I thought was interesting was that, besides checking firmware versions, this was the first troubleshooting step the DJI tech recommended. Can't be the first instance of this problem.
Sounds like we should file it into the hardware/software/firmware/gremlin bucket for future reference and move on.

Reactions: Bobvt
I had the same error among some others. Tried "thousand" things, even pulled out the SD card. Nothing helped. M2Z was sent to DJI that concluded that motherboard had to be changed. I got a brand new bird on guarantee.

Reactions: Robert Granata
This sounds like something the DJI support folk are aware of (from experience), but also something that DJI is too embarrassed to document.

What a good story. Glad for you. Thanks for posting. I recently had a similar experience with great DJI support. I’ll be posting it soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji