DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

weird pano question??

genesimmons

Reactions
PANO0002-5.jpg PANO0007.jpg hi all, new mavic piolot, i bought it mainly for photo and so far i am very impressed by the quality, stunning images, yesterday i took a series of panos at my local park, all was well, i looked at the folder at home and seen some birds flying in a few of the images, i thought wow thats going to look so cool on a pano, i loaded only the dmg files into light room and clicked pano, they loaded fine and the image was nice but when i looked more than half of the birds were gone from the image, i looked closely at the single images in the folder and the stritched image in light room in the same spot and they were clearly gone, does light room use a weird algorythm and maybe it though the birds were noise or something, i really wanted to see the birds in my image and there was close to 20 in one frame but the final image showed only 3, ill try and post pics here, i downladed hugin and loaded the same folder in there and that progrm wouldt even recognize the images and gave all kinds of errors and simply wouldnt work, it looked like it had many more options so i hoped it would work but no dice, i deleted the jpegs i wonder if that had anything to do with huggin not working, it doesnt like only dmg files? anyone had this issue in lightoom PANO0007.jpg

Last edited:
Adjacent images in a Pano overlap, and the software makes choices of which section of which image to retain in the final stitched image. Objects like the birds, present in one image but not another, can cause “ghosting” and some software (maybe Lightroom?) looks for and tries to minimize ghosting.

Try restitching with Microsoft ICE (freeware), and see if more birds show up.

Or try manually pasting them on, after stitching?

Reactions: LivinLarge
thanx for the reply, i didnt think of ghosting, i use a mac so i tried huggin but it didnt work well, ill keep at her though, i really hoped the birds would be in the image though, thought it would be a great addidtion

Tip: copy the birds from the original non pano pictures into the pano with photoshop and you have the result you want... works great

The above tip is a good one. Otherwise you can use the lowest ghosting reduction setting in Lightroom pano to see if that brings out more birds.

unfortunatly my photoshop skills are not great haha, i dont see the ghosting adjustments in lightroom but ill keep looking

yes lightroom classic and i use dxo pro but it doesnt work with the dji raw files

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190