DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Remote ID issue

kenjancef

Reactions
I just had a weird Remote ID issue with my Air 2s. I 've been using the $300 DJI RC as the controller for about a year and a half. I've been having minor signal issues since I've been using the RC, but still kept using it, as the issues weren't too bad. But here are the steps I did to lead up to the Remote ID error...

Saturday 9/28:
Morning: I flew in the morning with someone. I wasn't too far away, but I was getting a lot of video feed freezing issues. I was talking to my friend about it, and I decided to swap back to the RC-N1 that came with the Air 2S.

Afternoon: Swapped out the DJI RC with the RC-N1. I unbound the RC, and bound the N1, all was good.

Evening: Flew with another friend, using the RC-N1. Went through 2 packs with no issues.

Wednesday 10/2:
Took everything out to try to get a sunset. I fired everything up, and then I saw the red box saying "Remote ID Error". I couldn't take off of course. But I've never had a Remote ID issue ever, and I've had this 2S for almost 2 years. So I unbound the RC-N1 and re-bound (if that's a word...) the DJI RC, and everything worked.

Why would the RC-N1 work once on Saturday for 2 packs, then I get an error yesterday, then switching back to the RC the error goes away? As I said, I never had ANY issues with my 2S, nevermind Remote ID errors.

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to get as much info in as I could...

Perhaps it has something to do with the "unbound" process, not exactly sure what that is?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca92