DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird session with DJI GS Pro

DarthSLR

Reactions
A friend of mine is about to make some renovations to his house, so he asked if I could help him with my Mavic 2 Pro to 3D model it.

I have recently learned about DJI GS Pro, and it seemed to we working on my iPad Pro 12.9" (4th gen).
It seemed like an interesting project, so we met this morning.
It started normally, but once we configured the mission to fly around his house, it immediately requested $10 for 3D POI mission, even though the first month supposed to be free.
OK, I could pay that much for a cool learning experience, so we proceeded.
It charged my Apple account $9.99 and enabled "proceed" button (or whatever it is that did not allow me to proceed).
I have followed the instructions, marked 4 corners of the house with "set" button (orienting drone to look at the house each time), then moved the drone away to set the radius, hit set again, and finally hit "fly".
Then weird things started happening.
The drone ascended higher, and moved further away, like twice the radius it was supposed to be using.
Then it started moving in a large circle pointing towards the house with the camera pointed at the horizon and started taking what it declared supposed to be 450 pictures.
They all look like this:
2019-01-21_1443.png

We thought that maybe it's an initial phase it uses to create a "context", so we let it continue.
I made another round, the gimbal/camera still pointing to the horizon, not downward toward the house, then another, until it finally reached the limit of 99 images and paused.
I tried to continue, but it was not about to bulge.
At this point, it was down to about 30% of battery, so I landed it. No precision landing this time despite the good lighting and solid GPS mode.
I had to land manually, otherwise it would end up in the bushes on the other side of the neighbour's fence.
I tried to look at the pictures, it apparently started an http server and suggested to use PC/Mac to go to a special URL with a given username/password.
And to add an insult to injury, once I brought the whole thing back into the house, my iPad refused to wake up.
Like, at all. Basically dead. No resuscitation attempts worked. Will have to show it to apple tech tomorrow, the earliest appointment I could make.
I don't know if it was that server thing that killed it, but all in all, this was not a happy day for me. GS Pro didn't do what we wanted to do, lost $10 (and I don't even know how to stop what now seems to be a monthly subscription) and rendered my iPad useless, which is a big deal for me since I use it a lot.
Anyway, though I'd share.

If you happen to be in the know, I'd like some info on the following points:
* What am I supposed to do to make a 3D model of a build with the drone? Why did it take all the pano pics of the horizon instead of the house?
* How to cancel/stop that GS Pro subscription?

TIA

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
What am I supposed to do to make a 3D model of a build with the drone? Why did it take all the pano pics of the horizon instead of the house?
While on a POI (3D) mission, you have to select the gimbal pitch angle manually. (i.e. -45°) in the advanced mission settings.

How to cancel/stop that GS Pro subscription?
In your iTunes account.

While on a POI (3D) mission, you have to select the gimbal pitch angle manually. (i.e. -45°) in the advanced mission settings.
In your iTunes account.
@Keule, thank you.
I found the iTunes charge, it shows as pending. I guess once it gets through I will be able to stop it.
As for the gimbal pitch, I guess I try it next time, once my pad is back working. I don't want to risk my wife's one, on the off chance that it was the GS Pro that rendered it dead.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
That is how you do a cold boot on iOS devices without Home buttons. I use it at least once a week on my iPhone X and iPad 2018. Apple products aren't that different from Windoze PC's...if they start running slower or act weird, do a cold boot.

Reactions: DarthSLR
That is how you do a cold boot on iOS devices without Home buttons. I use it at least once a week on my iPhone X and iPad 2018. Apple products aren't that different from Windoze PC's...if they start running slower or act weird, do a cold boot.
This was the first time I experienced this effect for a homebuttonless (almost typed "homeless", hehe) apple product, so never heard of this procedure. Now it's ingrained into my brain: Up, Down, hold Power :)

I knew there had to be a way. Did a quick cursory search on the internet when you posted the issue and could not find it. Well there ya go! Back and operational!

Reactions: DarthSLR
I knew there had to be a way. Did a quick cursory search on the internet when you posted the issue and could not find it. Well there ya go! Back and operational!
Yeah, same here. I did tons of search, nada. Then my friend from FB points me to a solution, and then all of a suddenly I can find it everywhere. Mistery...

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada