DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well, I made the jump. Just ordered the Fly more combo.

Mac282

Reactions
Been hemming and hawing about it, but I decided today and ordered the Mini 2 fly more combo. I've got the Mavic Air, for over a year now and enjoy flying it. Kinda wanted another DJI drone, trust the company, but didn't know whether to get the Parrot Anafi or the Mini 2. So I went with DJI again.
Thinking about getting a Tello for my buddy also. He bought a cheap toy, miniature copy of a Phantom that is almost impossible to fly. He enjoys watching me fly my Mavic, so I thought I'd break him in small with the Tello. Any feed back on that?
Anyway, hope it as good as the Mavic Air, I know it's a different class, but I hope I enjoy it as much.

Enjoy it and congrats! :)

Been hemming and hawing about it, but I decided today and ordered the Mini 2 fly more combo. I've got the Mavic Air, for over a year now and enjoy flying it. Kinda wanted another DJI drone, trust the company, but didn't know whether to get the Parrot Anafi or the Mini 2. So I went with DJI again.
Thinking about getting a Tello for my buddy also. He bought a cheap toy, miniature copy of a Phantom that is almost impossible to fly. He enjoys watching me fly my Mavic, so I thought I'd break him in small with the Tello. Any feed back on that?
Anyway, hope it as good as the Mavic Air, I know it's a different class, but I hope I enjoy it as much.
I think you will thoroughly enjoy the Mini 2. I sold my Mavic Pro Platinum after getting it. It is so good, flies as well and far, takes great photos. I sold my Tello last year but just bought another. I missed it. It's so easy to toss up when on a walk or anywhere where you want a group selfie or a better view in a photo from higher up. So your friend will be getting a fine drone, too.

Instead of a Tello, you might consider getting a used Spark instead. The Tello can be frustrating at times. I used mine mainly for indoor shooting. Always had to use a WiFi repeater to get a decent signal, and also make sure I had enough room to record video on my cell. Sparks are fairly cheap now and easy to fly. Shoots in 1080 instead of 720. I sold my Tello last month and really don't miss it.

Reactions: Mac282
Instead of a Tello, you might consider getting a used Spark instead. The Tello can be frustrating at times. I used mine mainly for indoor shooting. Always had to use a WiFi repeater to get a decent signal, and also make sure I had enough room to record video on my cell. Sparks are fairly cheap now and easy to fly. Shoots in 1080 instead of 720. I sold my Tello last month and really don't miss it.
The Spark truly is fine but my only concern before selling mine was the inability find aftermarket batteries in the future.

Reactions: Mac282
I was looking for some used Sparks. Then I saw the prices...might as well get him a mini. They went from $329 to over $500. Sorry not spending that on a discontinued item. But thanks for the input.

Congrats and Enjoy. Also love flying mine and it is so much quieter then my P4. Can't hear it at 80m.

Well done!

I started looking at the Mini about a year ago when I had a road trip holiday in the US planned (and we all know how that ended). Anyway I never got the Mini and I'm glad as I now have finally bought a Mini 2.

I am completely new to flying drones but it's such an amazing piece of kit for it's size I'm sure - like me - you will have a lot of fun flying it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3