DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well... now I’ve really done it.

realvue

Reactions
Working on my Part 107 while also building my marketing materials for a NEW BUSINESS. Yes, boys and girls... this moron thinks he wants to do this for a JOB. Say a little prayer for me...

Working on my Part 107 while also building my marketing materials for a NEW BUSINESS. Yes, boys and girls... this moron thinks he wants to do this for a JOB. Say a little prayer for me...

Hopefully your idea for a job involves something unique since in my opinion the availability of drones now likely exceeds the number of paying uses for them. I remember 25 years ago when my oldest son first went to college and was thinking of studying to be an architect ... until he discovered that a large number of paid gigs went to lots of people sitting at home using their home computer for fairly low hourly rates.

Widely available new technology is a double edged sword. I'm certainly not trying to dissuade you from turning your drone into a business but many, many folks have unsuccessfully tried to turn a hobby into meaningful money (CNC laser etching being a recent example) and you should spend a lot of time thinking about how you can differentiate yourself if you want to do this full time.

Just my opinion ...

I’m for ya’ and He’s got ya’ ? Done Grats on new endeavor!

I got my Part 107 ticket so that I could with good conscience do projects for friends that I knew were of commercial value, but I have yet to charge for a single project. I haven’t tried to market my skills the way that you plan to do, but understand that there are websites that enable people to connect customers and commercial drone pilots. Many of those projects require skills and equipment that go well beyond that of hobbyist drones. If nothing else go look at commercialdronepilots.com specifically for commercial drone pilots. It is also important to develop your video editing skills with tools like DaVinci Resolve, since capturing good video is only half of what will be required.

Good luck to you! I’m like JoelP, got my 107 to do favors with a clear conscience. One of those favors turned into my current part time, paying job. They’re out there, you’ll find them.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Not a thing wrong with it. My buddy does jobs thru like a service out of Texas for GA / SC / NC. Mostly flying around buildings for construction and such. But it helps pay the bills.

Reactions: SlugHead
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cobra443