DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro West of Ireland

Dale Rodgers

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Our travels last month down the west of Ireland. Usually fighting the wind.

Filmed with a M2P (old skool these days) and a Panasonic Lumix GH5.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video! Great mix of shots, varied views and human/canine interest. Loved the foley mix with the dog splashing after the stick. You got this right. Thanks for sharing.

Nice video, the M2P might be "old school", but it is a solid fun drone to fly.

Very nice. What setting do you have your M2P camera on please, for video? I have one and for some reason, it does not seem to give me the same level of colour and quality as it used to. I'd love to see what you have set yours to, and then I can change mine and see if it's the same or if there is a camera problem. Thank you in advance.

Awesome video! Well done!

Very nice. What setting do you have your M2P camera on please, for video? I have one and for some reason, it does not seem to give me the same level of colour and quality as it used to. I'd love to see what you have set yours to, and then I can change mine and see if it's the same or if there is a camera problem. Thank you in advance.
What basic settings do you use?

Do you use "Normal"? It mostly produces okay to good visuals most of the time but has its limits. But looks okay straight from camera.

I film with DLogM. Looks horrible and washed out straight from the camera but allows more control in post. But you have to put the effort in.

DLogM is 10 bit video (1024 levels) compared to normal which is 8 bit (256 levels). So you've got 4 times more information and room to play with things in post. But you have to work in post so depends on which quick workflow you want.

DLogM means you don't have to be so precise with exposure as well. More information to pull back skies, clouds and things in shadows if you get it slightly wrong. You don't get that luxury with 8 bit and can blow and skies easily etc.

I use manual white balance (usually just daylight setting) so the colours don't change within a shot or shot to shot.

I use manual exposure as well. Turn the histogram on and learn how to use it to properly expose a shot. If tilting the camera, make sure the histogram is okay for looking at ground and then at sky. It's all a compromise.

I use manual focus too. I just press the infinity symbol and leave it at that.

I do use ND filters but they aren't going to magically change colours and contrast. They are more about realistic motion blur. But at heights motion blur is not really an issue.

Then in post I use davinci resolve to edit and colour. Colouring is where you can get creative (I have a thing for clouds). The free version of resolve will do all this but the learning curve is steep and long.

YouTube is your friend with all this. What's a histogram? How to edit? How to colour? What do ND filters do? Would you believe flying is the easy fun part?!

If you want things to look okay with a modicum of effort then use "Normal" If you want to put a lot of effort in then you can turn "okay" to "wow".

For photographers it sort of like JPEG versus RAW.

I know of someone that immediately upgrades to each new Mavic. But photographs in JPEG and refuses to colour video. Like buying a Ferrari and never getting out of first gear! Their money though.

Sorry for the waffle.

Had the original Mavic Pro. Loved the revolutionary form factor but hated the camera. Was a backward step from old Phantom 3.

Always loved the M2P camera. Until it breaks I've never felt the need to upgrade.
The pair of 'em .... the 2 Pro and the 2 Zoom are stunning hardware - if you take the time and trouble to learn what you can do with them.

Very Nice!! Beautifully done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof