DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Sussex beach flying

FingerBlaster

Reactions
Afternoon fellow pilots,
Could someone help me out and tell me if I’m allowed to fly on our beaches here in West Sussex please? I’m also looking for friendly people to fly with in my area near Worthing.

Afternoon fellow pilots,
Could someone help me out and tell me if I’m allowed to fly on our beaches here in West Sussex please? I’m also looking for friendly people to fly with in my area near Worthing.

I’m in the U.K. and the short answer is YES.
The rather long answer is because you have permission from Her Majesty (Honest)
I’ll see if I can dig out the letter of permission from the Crown estate, but basically the Crown wishes to encourage the new technology and have given permission for us to fly on Crown property which is pretty much all the beaches, riverbanks, estuaries between low water and high water mark.

Reactions: Porky
Afternoon fellow pilots,

I’ve just had a look on the map and the actual beach around Worthing isn’t crown land, further West towards Rustington, Selsey and Portsmouth is ok. Looking East, around Brighton and Hove is OK.

Afternoon fellow pilots,

The respondent was correct - in the UK you can fly on Her Majesty's land - and that is very specific - on beaches rivers and estuaries - BETWEEN THE LOW AND HIGH TIDE WATER MARKS - and THAT IS IT - in mots cases that is just a few feet for a few hours each day.
John From Northampton and Hastings - the more sublime part of Sussex.

Reactions: choo choo
"Flying from" is taking off and landing, once in the air, so long as you comply with the regulations you are not restricted, so as long as you do not try to land at dead high water, you have plenty of time and space for what you need.

Guys you've all been a great help. Thank you all for clearing this up for me. Got to the beach yesterday morning for a beautiful sunrise. I'm a newb any setting tips for sunrise/sunsets?

I have read the articles on the Crown Estates website and my interpretation is you can takeoff and land on the foreshore. But what if you are approached by someone from the local council and asked to move on! No one understands they don’t have any jurisdiction over the sky’s. As long as we adhere to the CAA rules.

Last edited:
Afternoon fellow pilots,

Hi there is see this feed is a bit old, but I live in Worthing would love to get together

Cheers Steve

The beach between the high and low tide marks belongs to the Queen and she allows uses of it for drone flying

Hi there is see this feed is a bit old, but I live in Worthing would love to get together

Cheers Steve
Hi Steve,

I've just joined. I have a new Mavic Air and live in Littlehampton. I'd also be interested in meeting up. More fun with others flying the drones. My neighbour also has a Mavic, so feel free to get on touch.

Cheers Jon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest