DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wet Mavic

gusri.candra

Reactions
Hi Pilots..

Anybody know which part of mavic is easily broken by water.??
Have just made my mavic wet.

thank

Like submerged wet or flew in the rain wet? If choice 2 try drying out the exposed electrics (motors) and the flow-through cooling with a hair dryer. If wetter, you might want to take it apart. Don't power it up until you're sure all the water's gone. If it submerged with the power on (particularly in salt water) you may be out of luck.

If its fresh water (rain, fresh water rivers) then you may be in luck. As noted do not power it up after water intrusion.

Get a bucket and place the entire Mavic Pro within it after filling with RICE. Make sure to tape off the large holes on the bottom and rear as you dont want RICE getting into the internals. Then leave it for a few days covered.

The idea is that the RICE will wick away any moisture from the internals through the very small creases and openings in the Mavic Pro's outer shell.
Rice is cheap - Mavic Pro - Not so much.

The internal circuit boards are your main concern.

Well I just located my mavic yesterday after being lost for a week in the creek by my house. After lost of research and seeing some crazy outcomes with everything working as should I’m really hoping two more days in the rice bucket shows me it works! Fingers crossed

Well I just located my mavic yesterday after being lost for a week in the creek by my house. After lost of research and seeing some crazy outcomes with everything working as should I’m really hoping two more days in the rice bucket shows me it works! Fingers crossed
Nice to hear you found it...Do you happen to have DJI Refresh?

Hi Pilots..

Anybody know which part of mavic is easily broken by water.??
Have just made my mavic wet.

thank

Submerge it in rice and leave it in a warm place for a few days.

As of the time of accident no, but I will have it by the end of this week lol
Good-luck...getting DJI Refresh after the 48 hour activation "grace period" is a pain in the ***.

Smh at all the “put it in rice” suggestions.....that is a bad idea. Search topics in this forum about how to best dry out your drone. Rice will more than likely cause more damage. Good luck.

Submerge it in rice and leave it in a warm place for a few days.

Well man I tried it and great news! After spending what seemed like an eternity but more like 10 days in 1ft of water everything works!!! But, however I now have a ESC error. After speaking with DJI, they said well it could be a motor most likely due to impact, but sounds like the motherboard. So I am sending it back to them for further analysis. Spent many minutes expressing my feelings(if you know what I mean) and the guy said he felt 95% sure I’d receive a new one. Other option with the remaining 5% would be a repair bill lol. But better than buying another new one. Sad day for sure! Please say prayers that they uphold to their product from fly away issues. I spent 11 days searching in frigid temps wading thru the creek etc to find this, I was just not gonna give up till I found it!

IDK about the rice thing either. I used to work at a motorola 2-way radio place. We had several times where portable two ways had been dropped into pools or sinks and submersed for several minutes.
the head tech at the shop would just spay tons of wd40 into the radios dispersing any moisture that was in side. MOST of the time that had them working in minutes. The paper cones on the speakers were usually ruined, but the electronics survived. Fresh water doesnt conduct electricity very well, so as long as you dry it out BEFORE the lead and tin on the circuit boards start to corrode you should be fine. Water and air are both required for oxidation to occur quickly. The rice trick would allow moisture too much time to do damage before it "draws" the water out.
I would lean toward the hair dryer method over the rice. Get it warm enough to evaporate the water quickly.

Reactions: jcole_photos
The core board need to be replaced (dji said). The price in Indonesia is crazy....! USD 370.00.
I thought the board is conformal coating.

Which is completely a rip off imo considering on eBay confirmed seller of genuine dji equipment/replacement parts the ecm is $68.00US And couldn’t be that freakin hard to take some screws out and plug and play ya know. Js, that’s my .02. Rant over lol

I tell you one thing, after calling dji and speaking with several techs there and then them sending me a return shipping label requesting me send them my newly found drone back after my extensive search for it. You’d think they would be “Johnny on the spot” and want it back quickly, but not so much. Ups ground sent it out on the 5th and expected to be there by the 11th. Guess I’m eager to fill you all in on what they do

Which is completely a rip off imo considering on eBay confirmed seller of genuine dji equipment/replacement parts the ecm is $68.00US And couldn’t be that freakin hard to take some screws out and plug and play ya know. Js, that’s my .02. Rant over lol

Could u give me the link for that bloody cheap stuff...????

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew