DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Whaligoe Steps, Caithness sea cliffs

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A drone video from the mainland North Sea cliffs of Whaligoe, where the 365 steps descend 300 ft to the small sheltered harbour...

A wet day, but not enough for the waterfall to be running fully, still, an interesting place...

0:52 .... jeepers, cracking shot.
Thanks... yeah, they are a tad extreme, all 365 of them... I only went part way down as it was wet and slippery - and 2 young lads came up who were completely blown up form the climb, if it affected them that much it would have done us all in!

I would die trying those steps!
I will do them sometime, but certainly not that day, it was soooo slippery! Wehad a rain shower just after I took off, so I had to land and wait it out for 10 mins, then flew afterwards, I was pretty much soaked to the skin, but got the footage :)

I will do them sometime, but certainly not that day, it was soooo slippery! Wehad a rain shower just after I took off, so I had to land and wait it out for 10 mins, then flew afterwards, I was pretty much soaked to the skin, but got the footage :)
Quite seriously you need to work up to that sort of climb. As a kid I used to run up the stairwell of a 13 storey block of flats. A few years ago I was at Kinbane Head and went down the steps there to sea level. I HAD to take breathers on the way back up. Now ? ........ they probably be sending a hearse.
If you have stairs in your home or building start out with sequentially up and downs of the stairs or climbs of a few floors and gradually increase the number of floors you climb. It does work.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Quite seriously you need to work up to that sort of climb. As a kid I used to run up the stairwell of a 13 storey block of flats. A few years ago I was at Kinbane Head and went down the steps there to sea level. I HAD to take breathers on the way back up. Now ? ........ they probably be sending a hearse.
If you have stairs in your home or building start out with sequentially up and downs of the stairs or climbs of a few floors and gradually increase the number of floors you climb. It does work.
Yup, I have done Glastonbury Tor at least once or twice a year, and Alderley Edge too, but neither are quite that extreme... I take climbing hills slow and steady, with plenty of stops to catch breath, I am not as young as I once was...

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Stunning, stunning video. Really a breathtaking shoreline. Great flying. Really interesting music...Blackbird in Celtic? Thanks so much for sharing. I love your videos.

Not a lot of folks know that the Apple Watch Fitness app has a stair climbing activity that you can use to see and record how many you’ve done. We’ve got 52 stairs in our old house and on wet days the wife and I stagger up and down to see how we get on. PS it also has an SOS button if it all goes wrong!

Super footage and a pleasure to watch. What were the white birds on the cliffs?They didn’t seem at all worried about the drone.

Stunning, stunning video. Really a breathtaking shoreline. Great flying. Really interesting music...Blackbird in Celtic? Thanks so much for sharing. I love your videos.
Gosh, I am humbled, thank you for the words, they do mean a lot, I put effort into the video's and have a lack of self confidence at times, so to hear praise is very beneficial, thank you... Yes, it is Blackbird, well spotted, the music details are in the video notes, it is the amazing Julie Fowlis, very worthwhile seeking out some of her other work - I have used about a half dozen of the older uncopywritten pieces on y video's...

Super footage and a pleasure to watch. What were the white birds on the cliffs?They didn’t seem at all worried about the drone.
Thanks... the white birds were normal gulls, I didnt get close enough to check the variety as I was wary and also the weather was wet, so I tried to keep flight time to a minimum... Got caught in one shower and landed, sheltering drone under my cardi, then when it stopped I flew for a second time, but was soaked to the skin, so didnt want to hang around too long as I didnt want to get too chilled - however I thnk the soaking was definitely worth it!

Reactions: twickers14
I put effort into the video's and have a lack of self confidence at times,
If you doubt your abilities then click on the 3rd button from the right of the top bar, to the right of "Members".
When your account page opens click on "Reactions received" and look at the break down.
Additionally, compare the 'favourable' reactions count to the number of posts you have made and, if there are any, the number of unfavourable reactions.

Beautifully flown! I like how the birds seemingly just went about there daily lives while you were flying. That whole area looks stunning.

Beautifully flown! I like how the birds seemingly just went about there daily lives while you were flying. That whole area looks stunning.
Thanks, it is a stunning place.. That house at the top is for sae, if only I had the money....

If you doubt your abilities then click on the 3rd button from the right of the top bar, to the right of "Members".
When your account page opens click on "Reactions received" and look at the break down.
Additionally, compare the 'favourable' reactions count to the number of posts you have made and, if there are any, the number of unfavourable reactions.
Its not so much I doubt my abilities, just a general lack of confidence and social awkwrdness that means I tend to overfocus on things in order to become as good as I can as quickly as I can. Manifests in me picking up things to a decent level quickly, but I still feel unsure and a little insecure as to whether what I do is appreciated or whether I am just bothering folks - I know I am not, but my brain sometimes trips itself up that way...

Thanks for the heads up to look in the figures, I guess the data doesnt lie :)

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique