DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s up with all the 2 Pro guys selling to get the Air 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynoTech

Reactions
Just curious why I’m seeing a fair amount of people in this forum and elsewhere selling their superior Mavic 2 Pros for the overhyped Air 2?

Seems crazy to me, you’re only hearing the positive hype now and the cons for the Air 2 have just barely started to trickle into the discussion.

A couple examples, 1” sensor vs 1/2”, not truly a 48Mp camera on the Air it’s a 12Mp that can stitch together multiple photos to create the 48. Much better videos out of the Pro with its 10bit vs 8 bit. Props on the Air no longer have the failsafe method of attaching them correctly like the Pro has. Go4 app imo is way superior to the Fly app. In the Fly app the info on the screen is too opaque and gets blown out against the sky at times requiring you to tilt the gimble down just to see what battery you have left. No mini map always displaying, the new directional indicator is not as nice as the previous and on all the videos I watch it bounces around all over the place. The battery life on the Air has been very disappointing for some reviewers such as Billy Kyle. No scroll wheel on the controller for shutter and no pause button. That’s just a start so far from what I’m seeing. Personally if I owned a Pro 2 I’d hang on to it or at the very least if you’re gonna sell it do so for the Pro 3.

I myself have an Air 2 preordered, I sold my Pro Platinum to do so. I’d much prefer a Pro 2 but it’s nothin my price range.

Just curious why I’m seeing a fair amount of people in this forum and elsewhere selling their superior Mavic 2 Pros for the overhyped Air 2?

Seems crazy to me, you’re only hearing the positive hype now and the cons for the Air 2 have just barely started to trickle into the discussion.

A couple examples, 1” sensor vs 1/2”, not truly a 48Mp camera on the Air it’s a 12Mp that can stitch together multiple photos to create the 48. Much better videos out of the Pro with its 10bit vs 8 bit. Props on the Air no longer have the failsafe method of attaching them correctly like the Pro has. Go4 app imo is way superior to the Fly app. In the Fly app the info on the screen is too opaque and gets blown out against the sky at times requiring you to tilt the gimble down just to see what battery you have left. No mini map always displaying, the new directional indicator is not as nice as the previous and on all the videos I watch it bounces around all over the place. The battery life on the Air has been very disappointing for some reviewers such as Billy Kyle. No scroll wheel on the controller for shutter and no pause button. That’s just a start so far from what I’m seeing. Personally if I owned a Pro 2 I’d hang on to it or at the very least if you’re gonna sell it do so for the Pro 3.

I myself have an Air 2 preordered, I sold my Pro Platinum to do so. I’d much prefer a Pro 2 but it’s nothin my price range.
Thanks for your interesting comparison.

Because people want to go back they want to downgrade.

That's a real thing? I'm not seeing that. Seems unlikely that many people would switch.

The battery life on the Air has been very disappointing for some reviewers such as Billy Kyle
Did you also catch that he mentioned his top speed was about 20 MPH at one point? That means he was flying in strong winds. One should always assume the battery is not going to last as long in those cases.

Is a troll thread guys.Not saying the OP is one but this isn't the first thread on this so i see no need in it.

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair