DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a mess? PfCO...A2CofC..GVC...Article 16...

Hiwayman

Reactions
So, here in the UK we have PfCO qualified pilots, A2COFC qualified pilots, GVC pilots, pilots operating under Article 16, and all with apparently different rules and permissions, let alone the class markings etc etc...
I know the CAA are reviewing everything...I contributed to that...but in all honesty this seems a right bugger's muddle.
Why so many different priviledges and categories? Surely this needs to be massively simplified for the benefit of everyone.

@Hiwayman ,i can understand your frustration,but just be patient ,things are moving forwards ,and as with all government entities ,they seem to take forever,just keep flying your drone ,and in the fullness of time ,i am sure the rules and regulations ,for all drone flyers ,will be sorted out

Reactions: Hiwayman
@Hiwayman ,i can understand your frustration,but just be patient ,things are moving forwards ,and as with all government entities ,they seem to take forever,just keep flying your drone ,and in the fullness of time ,i am sure the rules and regulations ,for all drone flyers ,will be sorted out
I do hope so OMM....I do wonder if a class of say under 1kg would suffice for many commercial and especially hobby fliers. As with anything, there will be irresponsible use(give a man a motorcycle 😮)...but these drones do not appear to be falling out of the sky with any frequency...

Reactions: old man mavic
Seems like they really thought this through, like Brexit.
Having a 107 here in the US, and just having flown under EASA rules in Austria, they both seem relatively straightforward. Why not just adopt EASA and save the taxpayers all that money from dithering bureaucrats?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone