DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What accessories do you recommend for the Mini 2?

secondo voi vale la pena acquistare la custodia rigida dello startrc ?? attualmente uso la borsa dji che danno con il combo. Sono molto indeciso se acquistarlo. qualcuno lo usa?

secondo voi vale la pena acquistare la custodia rigida dello startrc ?? attualmente uso la borsa dji che danno con il combo. Sono molto indeciso se acquistarlo. qualcuno lo usa?
Google Translate:

do you think it is worth buying the hard case of the startrc ?? i currently use the dji bag they give with the combo. I am very undecided whether to buy it. does anyone use it?

Google Translate:

do you think it is worth buying the hard case of the startrc ?? i currently use the dji bag they give with the combo. I am very undecided whether to buy it. does anyone use it?
It comes down to personal preference and how you use it. A hard case is more protective, but takes more space & weight, and may not be as easy to carry when walking.

A soft case is lighter and smaller, easier to carry by itself or in a larger bag or backpack, but shouldn’t be mistreated, stacked with heavy or sharp stuff, or gotten wet.

For pro gear, I think of hard cases for truck transport, but these days usually buy soft cases for car transport.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
For me:
ND filters (yes, I use them for video, just like i do filming on the ground)

3 way charging cable from Drone Valley. Why does no one else make this? It’s very handy, especially when charging off 12v systems, which was one of the reasons I bought Mini2.

Small folding landing pad. Props kick up dirt and rocks around the camera/gimbal

A good travel case.

Small strobe to attach for daytime visibility.

Tablet clip, if needed.

Anything you’re likely to lose, like a spare gimbal guard. If you are someone who loses small stuff.
thanks for the recommendation

• Litchi app
  • Blinky thing if you want to fly at night. (I have one, but I've used it exactly once.)
  • LifThor Baldur 2 - as was previously recommended. It really is that much better. If you've got a recent iPhone of the Max variety and any sort of protective case, it's an exercise in paranoia to see whether you'll get your phone in the stock clip before breaking off the antenna. LifThor is expensive as hell, but it's completely worth it.
  • A sunshade for your phone. This is the one I use. It's great, and it folds flat.
  • A second fly-more kit and one more battery beyond that, for a total of 2 chargers and 6 batteries. I've had projects where I actually burned all 6 batteries in the course of a single roof inspection.
  • A hard case. Don't bother with the ones pre-made for the Mini. Go to Harbor Freight and look at their Apache weatherproof protective cases. They're knockoffs of Pelican, and they're pretty good. They come with foam that's been pre-scored so you can easily make pockets in whatever shape you find necessary. I use the 4800 for my Mini 2, and while it's unnecessarily large for the basic bird + remote + battery, it's big enough to easily accommodate 2 chargers, 6 batteries, a box of ND filters, the remote with LifThor still attached, a couple of USB power plugs, some spare cables, box of props... etc., etc., etc. All the stuff that's just way too much to fit in the silly little bag that DJI provides.

Hi, first time posting - did a quick search and couldn't immediately see that anyone has asked this already (at least not recently)...

What accessories does everyone recommend for the Mini 2?

I decided against ND filters after watching a video that pointed out that you can't really tell a difference when you're filming subjects from such a distance.
Does anyone have anything you use to help you recover it in case of an accident or something, like a GPS tracker? Or anything you have just in case it gets stuck in a tree, out of reach?

I'm just generally curious to hear from people who may have had their Mini 2 for a while and have found some accessories that they think are worth having!
Litchi and a $30 pair of Destek V5 goggles

• Litchi app
  • Blinky thing if you want to fly at night. (I have one, but I've used it exactly once.)
  • LifThor Baldur 2 - as was previously recommended. It really is that much better. If you've got a recent iPhone of the Max variety and any sort of protective case, it's an exercise in paranoia to see whether you'll get your phone in the stock clip before breaking off the antenna. LifThor is expensive as hell, but it's completely worth it.
  • A sunshade for your phone. This is the one I use. It's great, and it folds flat.
  • A second fly-more kit and one more battery beyond that, for a total of 2 chargers and 6 batteries. I've had projects where I actually burned all 6 batteries in the course of a single roof inspection.
  • A hard case. Don't bother with the ones pre-made for the Mini. Go to Harbor Freight and look at their Apache weatherproof protective cases. They're knockoffs of Pelican, and they're pretty good. They come with foam that's been pre-scored so you can easily make pockets in whatever shape you find necessary. I use the 4800 for my Mini 2, and while it's unnecessarily large for the basic bird + remote + battery, it's big enough to easily accommodate 2 chargers, 6 batteries, a box of ND filters, the remote with LifThor still attached, a couple of USB power plugs, some spare cables, box of props... etc., etc., etc. All the stuff that's just way too much to fit in the silly little bag that DJI provides.
@Rusty_SWO: WOW! What a comprehensive reply. Thank you very much. (new topic: are you surface warfare officer?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest