DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are the odds

Rchawks

Reactions
So for you Mathematicians out there, what are the odds of two players with a backgammon game rolling 5 sets of the same number at the opening of the game to determine who will be first? My wife and I did did just that yesterday. ??

• Wow
Reactions: Beet
ChatGPT says the odds of rolling the same number on both dice for five consecutive turns are 1 in 7776 :)

Reactions: Rchawks
ChatGPT says the odds of rolling the same number on both dice for five consecutive turns are 1 in 7776 :)
1:7776 looks like the odds of rolling the same number on one die for five turns. 1 / 6^5 = 1/7776

Doesn't he mean rolling the same total of two dice by two people on five consecutive turns? Much more unlikely and more complex to calculate.

Doesn't he mean rolling the same total of two dice by two people on five consecutive turns? Much more unlikely and more complex to calculate.
Yep! I asked for clarification and the response was:
  1. The probability of one pair of players rolling the same number five times in a row is 1/77761.

2. The probability of two independent pairs of players doing this at the same time is:

1726829437460.png
Thus, the odds of two different pairs of players rolling five sets of matching numbers simultaneously are 1 in 60,466,176.

It was 1 dye each to see who had the higher number for first choice. We rolled 3's, 5's, 2's,4's, 6's, then she got the higher number and got to go first.

There's only one thing to do now...

Go for 6 matching sets! :D

Reactions: Beet and Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMA