DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What camera settings are you using for your MPP?

Maineiac

Reactions
I’ve got a relatively new MPP (March 2018 build) and I’ve been looking for some guides to the best camera settings. Most of the ones I’ve found are older and for the original MP and I’ve heard the MPP has some unpublished tweaks to the camera so those older guides may not apply?

So far I’ve been just using automatic for photos and 2.7k/30 for video.

I’d love to hear your tips for best quality images. Thanks!

Those videos are for Mavic Air. Does it matter?

Edit:
Watched the videos, both work for MPP as well.

Last edited:
Those videos are for Mavic Air. Does it matter?

Edit:
Watched the videos, both work for MPP as well.

Thanks. Sometimes I wish they didn’t call the Mavic Air a Mavic because the cameras are different and the Air comes up in a lot of searches for info on the pro.

I ve set my new Mavic air to these settings and works well.(at the end of the day its the app settings that work with the lens) I`ve seen endless youtube videos on the video settings and hardly any around on the camera settings for still pics. I asked his Guy if he would look into it. And a few days later he made this one on the camera settings. I thought that was good of him. And it helped me set mine up. I`Ive since taken a few pics of houses that I work on and had them pinted off at 10" x 15" and they have all come out very well. So settings are good :)

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
I ve set my new Mavic air to these settings and works well.(at the end of the day its the app settings that work with the lens) I`ve seen endless youtube videos on the video settings and hardly any around on the camera settings for still pics. I asked his Guy if he would look into it. And a few days later he made this one on the camera settings. I thought that was good of him. And it helped me set mine up. I`Ive since taken a few pics of houses that I work on and had them pinted off at 10" x 15" and they have all come out very well. So settings are good :)

Right... but wouldn’t different lenses look different even with the same settings?

Right... but wouldn’t different lenses look different even with the same settings?

I only have my MA to go by. But it works for me with these settings. I`ve seen litterly loads of videos on youtube on the settings for the MA and they pretty much all say the same thing . maybe a - or + on the custom settings. but litterly 1 up or down. So I went for the same as this guy said and so far works well on my videos and stills. but it dosnt cost anything to mess around and see how you get on. you might like your own settings. I might have a play with them later on when I get use the the flying more.

IMO, the worst setting are the automatic ones, and when I first got my MPP I had no idea what I was doing, and after I saw the results I was getting using automatic settings, I started binge watching youtube videos on camera settings. There's plenty of great youtube videos on camera settings, especially for video settings. At the end of the day, the best settings are the ones that work for you, because everybody has a different opinion of what's gonna look the best to them. I strictly shoot video in D-log and 4K, and in RAW for still shots. You can actually get some pretty decent results with the right settings on the MPP, especially if you have access to post production software. For video, if you don't have access to post pro software, I'd recommend shooting video in either Normal, or True Color, and the rest is so much a matter of taste and personal preference, that I'm hesitant to try and say what are the "best" settings.

I remember how well I liked the auto settings on my Phantom 3 Standard. It was so easy to use and took such nice photos. It took me a long while to get settings on the Mavic that came near those. Many of us don't want to take all that time for post-flight processing. We just want to fly and look at what the drone produces on the first try. That is why the Spark is also a favorite of mine. I just fly, take video or photos and view what is produced first try. Actually still photos are shared the most via emails.

I remember how well I liked the auto settings on my Phantom 3 Standard. It was so easy to use and took such nice photos. It took me a long while to get settings on the Mavic that came near those. Many of us don't want to take all that time for post-flight processing. We just want to fly and look at what the drone produces on the first try. That is why the Spark is also a favorite of mine. I just fly, take video or photos and view what is produced first try. Actually still photos are shared the most via emails.

Thank you. This is how I feel as well. I’m not a pro photographer by any means but I just want to focus on flying and finding good subjects to photograph and not spend so much time on pre and post processing for casual stuff like this.

The good news is that if you put in the time and effort to learn how to dial in your camera settings to the given flying conditions, you're much less likely to have to go in and "fix things" in post production. With the right camera settings in the first place, post production should be little more than editing and color grading. I learned this the hard way, and when you have to go in and try to compensate for incorrect camera settings, the quality of other things end up being compromised.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird