DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What capacity should my sd-card be?

Reactions
Will a 64 GB sd card be sufficient if i have three batteries and use the Mavic 2 Pro? I imagine the time in the air would be just above an hour before the batteries are drained. How much time would it take to fill that card if i shoot in 4K HQ? And if i only took pictures, how many would i be able to capture before the sd card is full?

Last edited:
After formatting your memory card and selecting your desired photo/video settings, you'll be able to see the remaining amount of photos or recording time available at the top, right corner of DJI GO.

I will add that I fly with an Inspire 2 which has the same bit rate and I have almost 2 hours of flight time and have never run out of record time. I don’t take pictures however so that might impact it a bit.

I would suggest you get 2x 64 and swap them out if needed. Or if cost is not a concern get a 128 if you can

BTW
Be very careful buying SD cards off eBay. Some of them are really cheap and look like great value. But they are 4gb cards that they hacked the firmware of the card to show larger capacity than it is. So what happens is as you use it it writes over data to only keep the last 4gb

Will a 64 GB sd card be sufficient if i have three batteries and use the Mavic 2 Pro? I imagine the time in the air would be just above an hour before the batteries are drained. How much time would it take to fill that card if i shoot in 4K HQ? And if i only took pictures, how many would i be able to capture before the sd card is full?

64 GB Should give you about 85 min of run time in 4K HQ.

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom