DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum What could be done to improve this picture

IMG_0343.jpg

I have an advantage here because I'm a much better photographer than a drone pilot... 40 years for one and 2 weeks for the latter... In post, I lightened the shadows and brought out the colors all in Lightroom and then in Topaz in Sharpen AI sharpened it and smoothed out the noise. I hope that was what you were looking for?

Not a huge fan of the high saturation level on @Salem-Drone 's edit so did my own quick post process.

1. Upscaled to 2x while removing noise
2. Converted to RAW (possibly not needed, but I prefer working with Adobe's Camera RAW editor)
3. Lightened shadows and blacks, tweaked greens and saturation.

This image could have been improved with a longer exposure or higher iso at the time of taking so we had a bit more detail to work with in the shadow areas. (Of course if you had the RAW from the camera that would also help a lot)

IMG_0343-edit.jpg

The shadows on the bottom have to be opened up without losing what you have in the sky. That's the difficult thing about shooting scenery with sky. So difficult to get the exposure right for both. That's where RAW or HDR can be helpful. short of that, gradient filters can help a lot.

View attachment 118358

I have an advantage here because I'm a much better photographer than a drone pilot... 40 years for one and 2 weeks for the latter... In post, I lightened the shadows and brought out the colors all in Lightroom and then in Topaz in Sharpen AI sharpened it and smoothed out the noise. I hope that was what you were looking for?

Wow thanks

Not a huge fan of the high saturation level on @Salem-Drone 's edit so did my own quick post process.

2. Converted to RAW (possibly not needed, but I prefer working with Adobe's Camera RAW editor)

This image could have been improved with a longer exposure or higher iso at the time of taking so we had a bit more detail to work with in the shadow areas. (Of course if you had the RAW from the camera that would also help a lot)

View attachment 118364

Thanks. I am impressed.... this is a totally different pic

Reactions: charliej

View attachment 118364

Right now all I have to edit my photos is on a iPad mini 5. ( no computer or laptop. Can I get the same results as you. With my iPad. If so. HOW.

You can get Photoshop for iPad and some editing. Not all features are available like the desktop version. But some things can be done.

Attachments

• 504D66ED-989F-4FF8-827F-EED9D799E5FF.jpeg
    504D66ED-989F-4FF8-827F-EED9D799E5FF.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Right now all I have to edit my photos is on a iPad mini 5. ( no computer or laptop. Can I get the same results as you. With my iPad. If so. HOW.
I'm afraid I don't know beyond what @k9kids said. All the software I use is on PC. I'd guess there are plenty of iPad apps that can do some it at least?

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S