DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What could be improved?

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65595

Hi guys. Just posted my first YouTube video. Would appreciate comments regarding improvements [emoji4]

Reactions: Snoopy2020

Hi guys. Just posted my first YouTube video. Would appreciate comments regarding improvements [emoji4]
Not too shabby, friend!

I'm in the process of learning to fly the darn thing too. I've adjusted some of the control settings to smooth out movement, but you can also use cinematic and tripod modes to accomplish much the same.

Are you using a UV filter and/or ND filters? At very least consider a UV filter.

And use manual camera settings as often as possible. Try the other video settings, just so you're familiar with them. (I'm mostly staying with 4K)

For stills, I shoot in DNG, which is mavic's raw format, and process them on computer later. If you don't already have a raw photo-editing application, there are many available, including a few free ones. I can recommend Raw Therapee for both PC and Mac OS.

For video I use FCPX on my iMac. It wasn't cheap, but it is extremely capable. There are some free ones available, such as the free edition of daVinci Resolve

You certainly have some inspiring, scenic locations available!

Not too shabby, friend!

I'm in the process of learning to fly the darn thing too. I've adjusted some of the control settings to smooth out movement, but you can also use cinematic and tripod modes to accomplish much the same.

Are you using a UV filter and/or ND filters? At very least consider a UV filter.

And use manual camera settings as often as possible. Try the other video settings, just so you're familiar with them. (I'm mostly staying with 4K)

For stills, I shoot in DNG, which is mavic's raw format, and process them on computer later. If you don't already have a raw photo-editing application, there are many available, including a few free ones. I can recommend Raw Therapee for both PC and Mac OS.

For video I use FCPX on my iMac. It wasn't cheap, but it is extremely capable. There are some free ones available, such as the free edition of daVinci Resolve

You certainly have some inspiring, scenic locations available!
Thank you for your time, to both watch the video and to share your knowledge.

I haven't used any filters yet, but I am going to buy some ND filters. I have heard that if you are only going to buy one set of filters, go for ND.
By UV do you mean polarizing? If not, I don't really see the point of it. Please explain [emoji4]

Thank you for your time, to both watch the video and to share your knowledge.

I haven't used any filters yet, but I am going to buy some ND filters. I have heard that if you are only going to buy one set of filters, go for ND.
By UV do you mean polarizing? If not, I don't really see the point of it. Please explain [emoji4]
I normally have a UV filter on all my cameras, including the MA camera, mainly for protection and keeping the actual lens clean -- it's easier to clean the filter off the camera, should it become rain-spotted, for example.

I purchased a mid-range of ND filters that included a UV filter in the set. I leave it on unless I'm using one of the ND filters.

This article discusses the pros and cons of UV filters:

Should You Use a UV Filter on Your Lens?

I normally have a UV filter on all my cameras, including the MA camera, mainly for protection and keeping the actual lens clean -- it's easier to clean the filter off the camera, should it become rain-spotted, for example.

I purchased a mid-range of ND filters that included a UV filter in the set. I leave it on unless I'm using one of the ND filters.

This article discusses the pros and cons of UV filters:

Should You Use a UV Filter on Your Lens?
I see, thanks!

Reactions: Snoopy2020
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123