DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What device (iPad/Samsung/Crystalsky?) Would you recommend?

IPad mini 4 and LifThor V3

2b5c569291fe86168fdfec4e40d15b6f.jpg
feb098da7e592d773f75a4d6efe40025.jpg
335fac249e1a91fd307b433fb60fafdd.jpg
iPad mini 4 thanks. Lifthor v3 I have never seen although I tried avoiding mounts that mounted that way because I can't attach an extender if I need too. Thanks for the input.

It is android based and there are some issues with that. I use the crystalsky on my Mavic pro and my Osmo Pro camera. I prefer the CS to the iphone at all times except for if I want to Live stream anything. Can't do it currently with the CS and the Osmo, Ive never tried on the mavic.
It's not like I would Livestream all the time but I would expect the CS to be fully functional with no issues since it's a DJI product.

Ok I see now ! I have those... never tested but heard that’s BS

Ok I see now ! I have those... never tested but heard that’s BS
Yeah I have them as well and I have never used it. Countless YouTube vids that say they work. I never push my drone anyway but got them for more strength.

I’d have to say go with a iPadmini4 . nice size. I got the Wifi version with 128GB Memory. For $299.00 at Best Buy. New in Box . Update it as soon as you open it up and your good to go. Love the Screen it’s awesome !

Another iPad mini 4 seems like the size is right. Not too big and not too small. Still trying to justify whether I need to go larger than a note 3 or huwei ascend.

I used to fly with mini 2 before Wunderphone, and there's simply no comparison in terms of ergonomics and flight control agility. With mini 2, the RC arms are swang all the way out and dig into your palms, and even with my large hands, it feels that my fingers are not relaxed, they are reaching the sticks. With Wunderphone, it's just perfect - the fingers are relaxed, just right, and nothing digs into palms. With mini, due to a bit constraint range of motion, I felt I'm flying a heavy plane; with Wunderphone, I feel much more agile in my flying, Mavic feels like a racing drone, making me more comfortable doing what I like most - flying fast and low.

Also, since the FPV is only 720p, the bigger size of ipad's screen doesn't give any advantage - it's same resolution only enlarged and interpolated. With ipad, I often question if the camera is focused or not; with Wunderphone, the FPV is so crisp when focused, that there's no doubt.

I used to fly with mini 2 before Wunderphone, and there's simply no comparison in terms of ergonomics and flight control agility. With mini 2, the RC arms are swang all the way out and dig into your palms, and even with my large hands, it feels that my fingers are not relaxed, they are reaching the sticks. With Wunderphone, it's just perfect - the fingers are relaxed, just right, and nothing digs into palms. With mini, due to a bit constraint range of motion, I felt I'm flying a heavy plane; with Wunderphone, I feel much more agile in my flying, Mavic feels like a racing drone, making me more comfortable doing what I like most - flying fast and low.
I will use the mount on it. I have the Mavmount 2.0. So stability wise should not be a concern. Especially the way the Mavmount works. On the other hand smaller gives better portability so I'm up for that.

Also, since the FPV is only 720p, the bigger size of ipad's screen doesn't give any advantage - it's same resolution only enlarged and interpolated. With ipad, I often question if the camera is focused or not; with Wunderphone, the FPV is so crisp when focused, that there's no doubt.
This is a good point. I see what you mean. Never thought about that.

The Mavic fly's 4 miles away. (Unobstructed) You prolly don't need range extenders. Just my opinion
No probably not the mavic but for the spark, I think it's a different story. Either way I don't want to push my mavic or spark further than what I can see but I hear the extenders works so well in that if you ever go around trees it shouldnt lose connection or be interrupted.

I will use the mount on it. I have the Mavmount 2.0. So stability wise should not be a concern. Especially the way the Mavmount works. On the other hand smaller gives better portability so I'm up for that.

I've used a tablet mount with mini as well. It makes the agility even worse. It feels like you're flying a hippopotamus in the sky. With Wunderphone, it feels like you're holding a gamepad and playing a console game, super agile, feels like flying a colibri or sparrow. Both my ipad mini 2 and tablet mount and sunshade and cable are collecting dust in the drawer.

I've used a tablet mount with mini as well. It makes the agility even worse. It feels like you're flying a hippopotamus in the sky. With Wunderphone, it feels like you're holding a gamepad and playing a console game, super agile, feels like flying a colibri or sparrow. Both my ipad mini 2 and tablet mount and sunshade and cable are collecting dust in the drawer.
How big is the screen on the wunderphone.

I'm currently using an old Samsung note 3 that is currently working flawlessly (aside from OTG) issue.

I am trying to hold off on a crystal sky due to the costs of getting one.

Does anyone recommend a specific iPad or any other device? I heard iPad mini 4 is usually a choice but wanted to see what other options there are... I will probably pick one up used but before I do I want to make sure there are other options.
Get the Epson Moverio BT-300 AR glasses. By far, the Best system out there.

I'm interested in this but it is not a tablet per say.

7" Huawei Mediapad T3, £60 brand new here in the UK. Thumbswayup
The one condition being you need to use version 4.1.9 of the app.
Apart from that, it works great !

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
activmonk