Why did you buy a mavic?

• To use on special occasions/trips like a DSLR

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • As a toy and shooting video and photos was an added bonus

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other, please explain below

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
I was tired of carrying around my Phantom with the big case. I mainly use it for photography but the portability was the main selling point.

Just curious to see if people bought the mavic as an expensive toy because they like flying drones and being able to shoot 4K videos and photos was a huge bonus for a hobbyist that is getting into video/photo or did people buy the mavic to use a professional tool like a DSLR where it would only see daylight on special occasions or trips?

I personally bought the mavic as an expensive toy and being able to shoot high quality videos and photos was a huge bonus due to me wanting to get a feet wet in video production/editing for fun in my free time, and not to mention the super small form factor.
My family gave me a GoPro for Father's Day. I wanted to get it in the air, I went through several iterations of quads(kit) and finally realized that a pre-built combo would be the best solution, then the Mavic appeared, so I got it.

I got one to use for my youtube channel where we film pro disc golf. We use the Mavics to show the hole to the viewers before the pros throw it. Central Coast Disc Golf if you'd like to check it out.

Other:) -- I used it for this:

(not the crashing part lol)

But it's also great for going on trips n doing a vid of the area :)

I mainly plan on using to revise my kayak touring guide book. I plan on taking photos of tidal influenced areas at both high and low tides. I will also photograph many of the lakes covered in the book. Also....it is fun

I got my own Mavic for traveling, have been tired of lugging around Phantoms and other larger drones over the years. Mavic has been an absolute game changer in that sense.

Exactly my intended purpose as well.. I also have a P4 Pro for more serious shots when portability is not a requirement.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isit_Dame