DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you do when you know signal is getting weaker.

BaNZ

Reactions
Before I start seeing signal is weak. My video starts stuttering. I always fly the MA while I'm under a tree or shade so I'm pretty sure that weakens the signal.

When video starts stuttering, I immediately turn the aircraft around and put it in sport mode. There are a few times where I got signal lost completely but it usually recovers within a few seconds.

Do people just ignore the video stutter and keep flying further until you get a complete signal lost and RTH is triggered?

When video starts stuttering, I immediately turn the aircraft around and put it in sport mode. There are a few times where I got signal lost completely but it usually recovers within a few seconds.

Do people just ignore the video stutter and keep flying further until you get a complete signal lost and RTH is triggered?

You probably shouldn't keep flying forward typically, but also you don't need to turn around and flee in sports mode like your Mavic was on fire. The main problem with the loss of video feed is the fact that you can't see where you're going or what you're filming. If you're on a pre-programmed waypoint mission in Litchi, that's one thing but otherwise, the whole purpose of the Mavic is to see what shots you're capturing. Without a video feed, you're only guessing.

You could stop at the point the video feeds fails and move yourself or your controller positioning to try to recapture your video feed. If that doesn't work, you can then turn around and fly back to a distance where the video feed is regained, or increase your altitude in order to improve your line-of-sight to the AC.

Last edited:
Before I start seeing signal is weak. My video starts stuttering. I always fly the MA while I'm under a tree or shade so I'm pretty sure that weakens the signal.

I used to do that also when I first started flying! I was so afraid that I was going to loose it. I have been flying now for a couple of years and I have grown more confident and have learned what to do (adjust your antenna position, climb a little higher, punch through if you have flown that area before and know there is signal loss there). I myself have found that in most all cases it is just a minor signal interruption and no signal will be lost. If you trust in your equipment (and you know your equipment) the worst that will happen (in almost all cases) is that the AC will engage RTH.

Let me end by saying that until you become an advance pilot it is very healthy to have the fear that you have. The moment you loose all fear you will become dangerous!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS