DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you guys recommend?

Kjarkas84

Reactions
Hello everyone

I just purchased the Mavic 3 classic drone I am planning on following all the regulations and the purpose of this is to record scenery and photos since I do photography as a hobby but I do not get paid for that. will the FAA see this as a business or not? Can you guys point me to the right direction I just want to do the right thing.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ranger
Hello everyone

I just purchased the Mavic 3 classic drone I am planning on following all the regulations and the purpose of this is to record scenery and photos since I do photography as a hobby but I do not get paid for that. will the FAA see this as a business or not? Can you guys point me to the right direction I just want to do the right thing.

Thanks!
14 CFR Part 107 is the default set of rules you have to fly a drone under in the U.S.

There are a few exceptions, but the on in your case would be 49 USC 44809. In order to fly under those rules, you must satisfy all aspects of the Recreational Exception (44809). You can find those rules here: https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml...lim-title49-section44809&num=0&edition=prelim

There are 8 sections you must satisfy, the first being "The aircraft is flown strictly for recreational purposes." If you aren't flying "strictly for recreational purposes", then you already fail that criteria. Check the other 7 rules, and see if you qualify.

Check into the FAA TRUST certificate. To stay legal, you'll need it. And it's a good first step to learning about safe operations and regulations.

There are some very good discussions on this forum with excellent information for new drone owners. Have a look through the archives. Check out some online resources, too. The Pilot Institute is a good place to begin. Ask questions here if you need a hand; it's a very knowledgeable and helpful group.

I'll toss out one particular tip. Fly the drone is the less "twitchy" Cine mode until you become more proficient. But be aware that DJI drones always take off in Normal mode, regardless of where you set the switch on the controller. So, hover for a moment after takeoff and move the switch to Normal or Sport and then back to Cine before proceeding.

Good on you for taking a responsible attitude about flying drones. Fly safe, have fun, and share your experiences and photos here.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Kjarkas84
I went Mzeroa.com route for training, for me it was a tossup between them and Pilot Institute. Money was the same... anybody have experience with both?

I went Mzeroa.com route for training, for me it was a tossup between them and Pilot Institute. Money was the same... anybody have experience with both?
It looks like MzeroA is just repackaged Remote Pilot 101. They must have an agreement in place. Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 10.07.48 AM.png

Reactions: Robert Droner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada