DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you guys use to show photos/videos on your TV?

YouTube displays video in 4K as long as you are on a 4K compatible device. I like to share my videos with friends and family and occasionally on here too so YouTube works great for me.

Yes my brother does the same. I use it because it is my TV! I love old movies. But u can’t beat it for a quick Howto video.

I chromecast
I can chromemast the lower quality files that are cached on my phone, but what about the full resolution files? Do you just hook up an SD card reader to your TV?

Since Amazon prime has unlimited photo storage, I was hoping I could drop all my files in there and play them on my TV through Amazon, but apparently prime only gives you 10gb of video storage.
I chromecast them from the desktop computer using the chromecast Ultra with the lan cable connected for a full installation and speed...

I upload videos to YouTube in 4K, but I evaluate edits and color correction before upload by plugging a flash drive into my 4K Roku Ultra.

I’m watching on a 55in OLED. It’s like the screen isn’t there. You feel like you can just jump in. I’ve had problems with getting the television to recognise the card, and so I rely on Apple TV 4K. Whenever I see YouTube 4K videos, they appear to suffer with compression. When you get closer, you can see the picture shimmering. Like the pixels are moving. I’d like to get around the problem with the card not being recognised. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I’m watching on a 55in OLED. It’s like the screen isn’t there. You feel like you can just jump in. I’ve had problems with getting the television to recognise the card, and so I rely on Apple TV 4K. Whenever I see YouTube 4K videos, they appear to suffer with compression. When you get closer, you can see the picture shimmering. Like the pixels are moving. I’d like to get around the problem with the card not being recognised. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Nothing beats a hardwire connection from your computer to your TV. Zero compression.
Different TVs have different file-type requirements, so there's no universal answer to this. I think I may have the same TV as you - or similar, and personally I find the inability to properly navigate through nested files on USB thumb drives or cards to be a hassle.

Reactions: Huddy
I have a lightning to hdmi adapter. Only problem is that it uses a lot of power so make sure you have enough for viewing.

Nothing beats a hardwire connection from your computer to your TV. Zero compression.
Different TVs have different file-type requirements, so there's no universal answer to this. I think I may have the same TV as you - or similar, and personally I find the inability to properly navigate through nested files on USB thumb drives or cards to be a hassle.

I use a Mac mini and a Visio 55” for my monitor. Bluetooth keybd and mouse of course. I download everything to my computers. I wouldn’t dream of leaving my files on the drones. I also have a bebop2 which I use sometimes. The Mac mini is quite an inexpensive addition to your tv. Then I get rid of cable satellite and other ripoffs. Everything I wanna see is on YouTube anyway.

Reactions: c36steve
Beware of upscaling.

I have a 27" UHD monitor for video editing on my Win 10 desktop and a 70" UHD TV in the living room. Often the TV is not receiving a 4k stream and is just upscaling. When I use the smart TV to connect to Netflix and watch a 4k movie, the Vizio "Info" button shows the stream is 2160p. However when I connect to Amazon to watch a 4k movie the Info button shows the stream (for some reason that I still haven't figured out) is 1080p (which the TV upscales to 2160p). 1080p upscaled to UHD is still very nice, but you can still see the difference between that and true 2160p. Very few PC laptops can display 2160p and those that do are very expensive (I don't know about Macs). Generally what is going through the HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV is just the laptop's selected resolution which is usually 720p or 1080p and the TV is upscaling that to UHD. Even on my desktop I had to spend $250 to upgrade the graphics card to support 2160p at 60Hz.

Also, both ends of your cable need to be connected to an HDMI 2.0 port in order to stream 2160p at 60Hz (2.0a if you want HDR). (Generally, most HDMI 1.4 cables will handle the bandwidth so you don't need to buy new cables.)

When I want to watch true 4k content on my TV, I either use the SmartTV to connect directly to the content over the internet (no HDMI cable) or I put the content (like my drone videos) on a memory stick and plug it into the USB port on my Vizio (again no HDMI cable).

Reactions: bsimon
i use nero media server,works just like fat file system but need smart tv

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d