DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does APAS offer over just OA ?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions

I haven't experimented and rarely use OP but just got curious.

Last edited:
OA is more about preventing collisions by stopping/hovering when an obstacle is detected. APAS tries to maneuver the drone around obstacles so it's able to follow the intended flight path as closely as possible.

I haven't experimented and rarely use OP but just got curious.
Experimented quite extensively with APAS a couple of years ago (boredom project that got a bit OCD). Excellent concept let down by limited hardware capabilities. Speed is a very big factor in achieving any positive result, any faster than a medium walking pace and I wouldn't trust the drone to react in time... if it actually reacted at all.

For the sake of fairness: this was APAS 2 in the Mavic 2 line - I haven't tried repeating the exercise with Shortarse (my mini 3 pro).

Experimented quite extensively with APAS a couple of years ago (boredom project that got a bit OCD). Excellent concept let down by limited hardware capabilities. Speed is a very big factor in achieving any positive result, any faster than a medium walking pace and I wouldn't trust the drone to react in time... if it actually reacted at all.

For the sake of fairness: this was APAS 2 in the Mavic 2 line - I haven't tried repeating the exercise with Shortarse (my mini 3 pro).
That was my reaction also. I don’t use it. I just fly.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH