DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does this mean?

Zeke

Reactions
I have a Pro Platinum that I bought new back in 2018. I was flying today and usually I RTH when the batteries hit 20%. For some reason when I powered down one of the batteries, the top LED continued flashing on its own for a short time. None of the other batteries do this, and all the diagnostics show normal.

Any idea what this could mean?

@Zeke mine all do that it is an indication of the remaining life span of the battery ,it is explained in the manual and is linked to the charge cycle counter in the battery all my batteries have well over 100 charge cycles on them and after powering off they all show one light flashing for a few seconds but the still all show 100% charge when i check them before taking off ,and even in airdata, which tend to be conservative with battery cell remaining charges ,show all my batteries between 94% and 97% respectably remaining battery ability to take on a charge
Thanks for the reply. I have 3 batteries, and none of them ever had the TOP LED flash once the drone is shut down. Even now, 2 of the 3 don't display this behavior. Now I wonder if 2 of them are screwy instead of 1! ?

Reactions: old man mavic
I have a Pro Platinum that I bought new back in 2018. I was flying today and usually I RTH when the batteries hit 20%. For some reason when I powered down one of the batteries, the top LED continued flashing on its own for a short time. None of the other batteries do this, and all the diagnostics show normal.

Any idea what this could mean?
We’re you recording when you shut down or had you just finished recording? I sometimes see that too I I think it’s because the camera cache is still writing to the SD card so it needs an extra second or two of power to finish writing.

We’re you recording when you shut down or had you just finished recording? I sometimes see that too I I think it’s because the camera cache is still writing to the SD card so it needs an extra second or two of power to finish writing.
That might have been it. Thank you!

@Zeke i have deleted my post ,i was mistaken about the battery no 1 light flashing after turn off after reviewing the manual sorry blame it on my age

How about when the controller has only 2 lights showing.
All lights seem to work but the power sequence only shows 2 lights.
Controllers is 6 months old.

Mine does this if it’s too hot from recent flight
I noticed this too on one fight where I had it in sports mode the whole time. I noticed the battery flashed a few times after I shut it off and the drone was very hot to the touch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54