DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What electronic components are used in drones

What answers are you hoping for ?
Are you concerned about a specific drone ?
There are numerous dismantling videos on the web that show the innards to varying degrees of clarity for numerous models.

What answers are you hoping for ?
Are you concerned about a specific drone ?
There are numerous dismantling videos on the web that show the innards to varying degrees of clarity for numerous models.
emm.. I am supplying components, but not sure the specific one people need.

Many and varied. Microcontrollers, memory, custom logic arrays, sensors: vision, atmospheric pressure & temperature and accelerometers. Power transistors, resistors, capacitors, inductors… several hundred electronic components in all.

It’s mostly complete modules that are used for parts replacement.

Last edited:
Many and varied. Microcontrollers, memory, custom logic arrays, sensors: vision, atmospheric pressure & temperature and accelerometers. Power transistors, resistors, capacitors, inductors… several hundred electronic components in all.

It’s mostly complete modules that are used for parts replacement.
Does anyone on this forum need these parts?

need these parts?
The majority of the pilots on these forums are not dissecting any of the circuit boards that are built into these drones. If there is some form of problem that disables these products, most are sent back to the manufacturer for repair. In most cases they are not repaired. DJI then sends a replacement instead of repairing what was received.

emm.. I am supplying components, but not sure the specific one people need.
How can you supply components when you don't know what parts are being used?

The electronics on the motherboards are mostly (if not all) surface-mount components. They are not easily replaced by product owners.

How can you supply components when you don't know what parts are being used?

The electronics on the motherboards are mostly (if not all) surface-mount components. They are not easily replaced by product owners.
We Lisleapex is a Taiwan electronic component distributor, which has 5 million + parts, it covers many application, including the drones, maybe.

Looking forward to your advice.

We Lisleapex is a Taiwan electronic component distributor, which has 5 million + parts, it covers many application, including the drones, maybe.

I would read or watch a teardown article or video for a recent DJI drone. That would give you a better idea if what kind of replacement parts that you can offer.

An interesting idea, but apart from motor assemblies and MOST importantly for owners and users of older drones that the manufacturers no longer produce replacement components for.... Intelligent Flight Batteries.
An electronics company (especially one based in Taiwan) that could produce these for Phantoms, the original Inspire, the Mavic and Mavic 2 drones, etc. would find a ready and profitable market in both Europe and the Americas.

Does anyone on this forum need these parts?
I think in the early days of drones it was more common that pilots built their own. Now with companies like DJI out there, and others, there is no need. It's far more efficient and cheaper to just buy one off the shelf that does what you need it to do.

I am sure there are still plenty of hobby tinkerers out there, but I think they all work for or became drone manufacturers now ha ha!

Good luck, though!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian