DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What else do I need?

Get some 3/4 inch Scotch "Expressions" tape in glow-green or orange, etc. Pull off about 6 inches and cut it lengthwise into two 3/8" pieces, about as wide as an SD card. Cut off about 2-3 inches, affix one end to the SD card, fold it in half and affix the other end to the other side which puts a bright tag on a small, easy-to-lose, black chip. The tape makes handling the chip into and out of the drone very easy.

My tape is green and I have a chip for each battery, similarly numbered. I work in black volcanic rock, have inadvertently dropped chips several times but have yet to lose one.

You don’t need the strobe. Some have posted that if you put in the wrong plsce it can screw up gps

You don’t need the strobe. Some have posted that if you put in the wrong plsce it can screw up gps
Or just look at the MM tear down posted here (another thread) and don’t put a light over the GPS. I use an ARC2 on each arm of M2P and often in very dark conditions use 2 Litralights Lights on a mount that encircles the drone. No Problems.

As soon as you put the strobe on the MM you go over the weight limit and will need and FAA number

I use an ARC2 on each arm of M2P and often in very dark conditions use Litralights Light ... no problems of any kind.
F21D50E2-BF9B-45AB-8BC7-FF49403F19F7.jpeg1EA0E9DC-D297-45B3-A326-D8CCB863FDBC.jpeg3152E1F1-720D-4E53-BD49-43390C2A9F5C.jpeg

As soon as you put the strobe on the MM you go over the weight limit and will need and FAA number
Of course, but what’s the big deal for stateside use if you get a better experience... $5 is nothing compared to the investment... and try finding one near dark without help... or low light imagery.
If OP doesn’t want to register, obviously shouldn’t add that last little bit of weight.

Just pointing that out there Thomas. He said he was a new guy and maybe he didn’t know ehh? Your lights won’t even fit on a MM

And then there is the discussion about which video editor to obtain. Suggest you first do a search on this topic. You’ll quickly conclude everyone has their favorite. The main factor will be your existing computer system vs editing software requirements.

Just in case you have a Mac, look at starting with iMovie, it is free, editing skills pretty much transfer over to offer platforms, and there are numerous YouTube tutorials.

You’ll also see DeVinci Resolve mentioned. No matter which you choose, there will be a steep learning curve.

I use Hitfilm Express for my surgical videos. Was using imovie, but shifted to Windows a few months ago. How would you rate DaVinci vs Hitfilm? Ease of use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi