DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What essential aircraft information do you use on your Litchi screen?

GrayHornet

Reactions
I find I am using Litchi more often while flying my mini 2. I was curious about what settings members toggle on in settings for flight information displayed on screen. For example: Voltage? GPS coordinates? I like to just use the essentials without data overload while viewing my flight screen. Appreciate kindly what you chose and why. Happy flying!

Reactions: gope_73
I pretty much use the default settings. For general flying I still prefer DJI Fly and use Litchi for planned automated missions. I've tried it for FPV but prefer other programs for that.

I pretty much use the default settings. For general flying I still prefer DJI Fly and use Litchi for planned automated missions. I've tried it for FPV but prefer other programs for that.
Great comments. I am a relative newbie to drones in general with @ 40 hrs of flight time. I have reached a point where I am now interested in expanding my enjoyment utilizing something like Litchi. Can you answer a few questions for me please?

I have a Air2:

Does Litchi totally replace the DJI Fly app?

Is Litchi safe to use since my understanding is that it flies a preset flight path utilizing pre planned waypoints and activities….

Your personal experience and opinions would be humbly appreciated….

I am not the smartest person in the world but I do know how to ask questions….

Thanks in advance
Mark P.

Great comments. I am a relative newbie to drones in general with @ 40 hrs of flight time. I have reached a point where I am now interested in expanding my enjoyment utilizing something like Litchi. Can you answer a few questions for me please?

I have a Air2:

Is Litchi safe to use since my understanding is that it flies a preset flight path utilizing pre planned waypoints and activities….

Thanks in advance
Mark P.
I feel comfortable now using Litchi and its waypoint planning option. I preplan my waypoint routes and then test them using Google Earth for pre-flight visual and then adjust accordingly before actually flying the route. It's nice you can store your missions for future use. I recently learned you can, with caution, fly other posted routes if you like. I have not done this yet.

I feel comfortable now using Litchi and its waypoint planning option. I preplan my waypoint routes and then test them using Google Earth for pre-flight visual and then adjust accordingly before actually flying the route. It's nice you can store your missions for future use. I recently learned you can, with caution, fly other posted routes if you like. I have not done this yet.
I downloaded someone else's Mission from Litchi, and there was no issue. Like you mentioned any Mission can be run on Google Earth to test it first.

Reactions: GrayHornet

I have a Air2:

Thanks in advance
Mark P.
You CAN use Litchi to totally replace the DJI Fly app. But why would you want to limit yourself. I use both. Litchi is great for planned automated missions, but if just normal flying I will use the DJI Fly app. Do you currently have Litchi and an account? Do you know how to plan a Litchi mission on your computer and do a "virtual flight" (VLM- Virtual Litchi Mission) of that mission? Litchi also has feature to allow VR/FPV flight with inexpensive VR goggles, though I prefer other apps for that.

Yes, it is safe to use Litchi IF your settings are set correctly. You must be sure to set the return to home altitude properly so as not to have an issue when a Litchi mission is finished and you've set it to do a RTH after the mission is complete. On one mission I miscalculated the RTH alt, but my Mavic 2's sensors saved me. If you want to try Litchi so you have confidence I would suggest doing some test flights in open areas to make sure everyrhing is working properly.

I hope this helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada