DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What flotation devices are available?

You can also see the stability test here

And water test here
Please note the wooble in Mavic is me on sticks as it was first time with my $2000 investment over water and my nerves were not good.

Any problems with the flotation device getting in the camera view when recording?

Thanks.... I mostly will use this while recording waterfalls which are secluded in wooded area and not much wind though I may use it a few times over ocean if winds are low to none.

Seems like it would work as long as there are no waves, but my guess is a quick stiff breeze and your Mavic topples and your drone is a goner.

Now if your intentions are just retrieval in case of a water crash this would probably do the trick, but if your intentions are regular water landings my guess is you are only a few flights away from disaster.

Reactions: Rbruz
I'm trying to print this over at 3D hubs (actually thingiverse) but I don't know if it's me or the site but it won't go through.

No, not once did they show in video even in Sports mode.

Well I agree it wasn't shown... But at the same time I most likely won't be flying this in sport for water footage not for what I intend to use it for.

None the less... Valid point to inquire the OP to see if they could provide one.

This is not an option you have to use. It's something someone was kind enough to share and I can't think them enough.

Thanks.... I mostly will use this while recording waterfalls which are secluded in wooded area and not much wind though I may use it a few times over ocean if winds are low to none.
Ive flown Mavic in quite strong winds with floats on and Mavic will compensate and handle it very well. You wouldn't go and fly purposely in 20 knots to film unless your nuts but if it should get up or a gust of wind hit your Mavic it would not be a problem.

Reactions: Spanishcop
Ive flown Mavic in quite strong winds with floats on and Mavic will compensate and handle it very well. You wouldn't go and fly purposely in 20 knots to film unless your nuts but if it should get up or a gust of wind hit your Mavic it would not be a problem.

Dragonfly... Another OP brought this up just recently... How does it do on Sport Mode... Just curious. Would you be able to share a video in Sport mode if you don't mind. Obviously you don't have to but would answer others questions.

I won't get mine until Monday since I work the next few days. Hope to pick up mine on Monday. Just waiting on the 4 brackets. The main piece that clips on I've already tested and it's pretty solid.

Thanks again

Did you get yours printed in PLA or ABS?

Run to Michaels and get them styrene balls for $5

Yeah I had the same idea. $4 for the can of paint, etc, etc. I'm not sure how much it cost to print something in 3d (I never had to ask) but I'm guessing less than $15 for the pieces? So all in all I paid him a little over $10 to make something and ship it for me. I don't mind paying someone $10 to do all this.

495700352.jpg

Easy on and easy off. Installation or removal in under a minute. The 3d printed brackets are the key.

So I'm interested in a flotation device. I'll be filming some beaches and will be doing some water flying.

Someone posted this picture made from 3d printing but I don't have a 3d printer. Wondering if anything like this is sold or available for the Mavic for recovery incase something was to go wrong.

Here is the pic posted by a member...
a6a4684a22d96c64f41fe6bd4e30c6b3.jpg

Any suggestions please....
Please provide pic and link if possible.

Thanks so much
Mike
Carve up a Pool noodle with an electric knife, to make the pontoons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard